Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

light ore heavy skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
when reading preseason skitests some ski manufacturers like rossignol and salomon say these are the "lightest , new and lighter ,a very light ski..."
Others like atomic and Dynastar for example especialy the freeride or all mountain skis are noticebly heavier than others wich makes them stable at speed and less flickable or sketchy they say
i want to buy a new pair to replace my worn out bandits XX ,a light ski by the way.
A Bandit B3 ore Atomic metron B5
A lighter ski ore a heavy ski wat is best?
Jan
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
check
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
janvb,

I used to look for lighter skis thinking they were easier to throw around. But that was just me at the time
Now I would want a heavier ski and I would expect the swing weight would not be compromised by the beefy ski.
The advantages are that the ski would likley to be more stable and substantial in the turn, would track well and even smash through broken up snow better.

The b5 is known for being heavy, at least in the older incarnation, as is the Stormrider XL which is also quite stiff.
I have enjoyed the XL and would say the XX is closer to that han it is to the B2 (2004/05) model IMV
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
janvb, welcome to snowHeads.

I've got the 04/05 B5's in 162. Awesome skis but very heavy when carried on the shoulder. The 05/06 model is 1.1lbs lighter per ski due to weight reduction in the binding.

In use, unless you're cheating & lifting the inside ski, you just don't notice the weight due to their low 'swingweight' (ie being short & wide their weight is distributed close to the foot & is therefore less noticable). They are extremely stable at speed & in poor conditions.

Will you have an opportunity to test a few skis?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy