Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone heard of ^&%@yahoo.com? Is it a scam?

Poster: A snowHead
Had this come through to a collegaue, who has been sent VERY decent prices but it all seems a bit iffy. Anyone know if ^&%@yahoo.com is a scam.

Their message was as follows

You are ready and prepared to go to Austria, Italy, France, Norway or Swiss mountains this year for skiing?

Ski pass is expensive and you want to save some money for your free time? Than this topic is definitely for You!

We are suggesting a BIG BIG discounts on ski/lift passes in numerous resorts. Depends on what resort you chose, we can help You save up to 30%-40%

from the original ticket value!

You are interested? Have questions and want more info? Just write us at ^&%@yahoo.com and request for the pricelist !!

Contacts:
Email: ^&%@yahoo.com

Available resorts that you can save with:

Austria: Mayrhofen, Zillertal, Soelden, Zalamsee-kaprun, Saalbach, Flachau, Kitzbuhel & many more

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 18-01-13 19:44; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Scamtastic....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scarlet Fez, There was a post on here from them a few days ago but it was removed, so read into that what you will. The consensus was that it was definitely iffy.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That wording is very familiar. Identical to a thread started on here (references can still be found in "I was reading that" but thread itself was deleted.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scamtasmagorical!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If I had to choose, I'd choose scam.

This is partly why all of the threads from here, and other forums, were pulled.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's more now, this is a reply he got, sounds like a scam so like to let folk know about it.

******************************************************************************************************
Hello,

I've attached a price-list for you. We offer great discounts in this region. All you need to do is to go the ski office, ask for empty ski tickets (with 0 days prebooked, it costs 2eur each) and send us a code which is on the border of the card ex. "01 16142029163496098750 8".

Secondly, we will take care of the ticket and book as many days as you desire to ski in 15-30mins. We accept payments through PayPal in 24hours after 1st ski-pass use. If the payment will not be received in 24 hours, we will cancel the tickets.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Attached to hat e-mail was a document quoting prices in different countries and resorts
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
View is is may be stolen credit cards or paypal accounts being used on the other end.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Other ski forums have been spammed by this, not sure who on snowheads can put it in the right thread to warn folk about it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scarlet Fez, may I suggest that you edit your original post to remove the actual e-mail address? If it is (as seems likely) a scam (there were about a dozen posts on various threads here) then it might be a good idea to protect people from themselves.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Will do once I have worked out how to edit. Blush
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scarlet Fez, the "scissors" icon to the right of a post
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cant get to the right of my post as I have this DOGTAG commercial inserted there which blocks the right side of the thread!! Puzzled Cyber is not my strong suit!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scarlet Fez, Just change the "Is" and "it" in the thread title and change the question mark for an exclamation mark.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Scarlet Fez wrote:
Puzzled Cyber is not my strong suit!!
Clearly. There is a - (minus sign) to the left of the top of the advertisement to get rid of it.
latest report
Somebody tell me if he starts offering 2Alpes, and I'll go and ask them if he's legit.
latest report
EDIT: cynicism erased as promised.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 18-01-13 20:07; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
A scammer with a yahoo email address?!? Surely not, it can't be, well it looked so genuine, etc.

Some people absolutely deserve to be ripped off.
ski holidays
flowa - thanks for the vote of confidence. Why would I raise the issue as being suspicious in the first place? You try and highlight something to help some folk!!!
Got rid of the advert thanks so I was then able to edit and bosh the e-mail address. Perhaps because I am so poor on computers and was a struggling to make it safe a Forum moderator could have stepped in and helped me out rather than someone inferring my intentions were dodgy. Mad
snow conditions
EDIT: cynicism erased as promised.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 18-01-13 20:07; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Scarlet Fez, thanks, but you haven't updated the thread title so not quite there yet (this is done in exactly the same way as updating the contents, it is shown in a seperate box above your text (as it was when you started the thread)).

Sorry if some of the responses have seemed a bit harsh but repeating the original spam in full did effectively open a can of worms that the mods had closed days ago. The mods here are all volunteers and aren't always there when you might want them to be. It doesn't look as though anyone has reported you for spamming so if you update the thread title that should be the end of it.
snow conditions
Scarlet Fez, If you're new to the forum then you may not know that when you go into edit mode, as well as letting you edit the post if it's the original post in the thread then you can also edit the thread title wink
ski holidays
Scarlet Fez, Thank you!
snow conditions
Streuth I wish I had just ignored the bloomin' thing as I had told my mate to do. Hopefully know the title has been sorted as well. I have to say that was not a Cyber issue that was just me like in school not reading over my work to see that the address was in the title still. Embarassed
You won't have to suffer my entries for much longer as fingers crossed in 8 sleeps I will be of to Saalbach. Very Happy
ski holidays
Now is it just me or is something seriously £u8kirtng suspicious going on here
ski holidays
Scarlet Fez wrote:
You won't have to suffer my entries for much longer as fingers crossed in 8 sleeps I will be of to Saalbach. Very Happy

You don't get off that easily - we expect regular updates in the snow reports section, followed by a trip report when you get back.... wink
ski holidays
I think the clue is in the name,

Scarlet Fez dodgy or what
ski holidays
"I've bin framed guv....framed I tell ya!"
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scarlet Fez, don't leave just yet. This is the bit where you start to figure out who's just teasing and who's really having a pop. If you storm off now you'll miss the opportunity to convince people you were just trying to be helpful Laughing. If you check above one of the earlier remarks has been withdrawn as promised so you're getting there Very Happy.
latest report
Could actually work - sounds how big TOs work in a number of resorts. Paypal also offers a decent level of protection, and he could still be making money on commission despite offering a discount. LPOs tend to frown massively on selling LPs in resort below LPO price though, which is why you're extremely hard pushed to get discount on LPs unless you know someone, or pre-book with a big TO in the UK in advance.

Would I actually hand over any money? Not a chance. Would love someone to test it though!
snow report
jiagedaping, read this thread
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2202052
ski holidays
jiagedaping wrote:
Would I actually hand over any money? Not a chance. Would love someone to test it though!

Snowhead flangesax already has tested it - see this thread. You'll see that the skipass was paid for online (via credit card or Paypal) in the normal way (so presumably also at the normal price), hence the supposition is that the person offering this has access to stolen details of credit cards and/or Paypal accounts....
snow conditions
Now I thought the scam would be that you followed the instructions they give which means means you do not forward them the money until your ski passes get activated and work on the day. You feel because the pass is working your home and dry. You then forward them the money which would be hard to ever get back. Then the sting in the tail is when you go to use it on the 2nd day to find none of the passes work. The reason being they have sorted you out 1 day passes instead which you could not detect from a visual examination of the pass.
So if you had a group of 12 like ours and you thought you were saving 50 Euros for instance on each pass someone might think thats alot of Apres beer money for the kitty. The scammers get £1400-£1600 forwarded to them and they outlay MAYBE £300 on one day passes. Get away with it a few times and its quite a lucrative 'heist'.
Not saying that this would be how it worked, but just a theory.
snow report
Timbobaggins wrote:
I think the clue is in the name,

Scarlet Fez dodgy or what

I think you are mixing me up with the 'Scarlet Pimpernel'! They sought him here they sought him there, they sought him everywhere'.

My user name is in relation to the rugby team who I support, who I have a horrible feeling could get beat by Clermont tomorrow to make it 6 losses out of 6 in this seasons Heineken Cup. Sad Times have been better.
snow conditions
Scarlet Fez,

Hmm a Welsh Rugby supporter, even more dodgy wink wink
snow report
Now that I will have to consede to!! Little Angel
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy