Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3v is boring?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am on my last day of 2 weeks in les Coches, skiing mostly in Les Arcs and the variety of skiing is a refreshing change to the 3 valleys, much more challenging runs, unpisted "natural" black& red runs and lots of moguled "offpiste" bits.
Yes the 3v is far better than Grandvalira, Andorra where i take the family, where the runs are truly dreadful, every last bump pisted flat within seconds of its creation. But despite its size, i now realise that there are relatively few challenging pistes in the 3 v, Bosses and grand couloiur being exceptions.
Is it just me?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can't say I've ever been bored in a ski resort. It's skiing. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Plenty of "natural" skiing within the 3Vs to stop you getting bored.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm with 'geepee', if it's white and downhill I'm happy Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've only been to the 3Vs twice (stayed in Courchevel 1850 and Meribel Mottaret) but I've never found it boring! The Saulire red in the morning when it's freshly pisted is an absolute joy. So is Jerusalem.

It's such a vast area, there's something for everyone. I loved it! But then something like the Grand Couloir is beyond me.

Maybe you should try the off piste in Chamonix or La Grave if you think the Three Valleys are boring.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
indeed it is, very boring. I would never go there if i were you.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
1ST Lift up la Masse onto hero snow - unforgettable
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Piccadilly,
Quote:

It's such a vast area, there's something for everyone. I loved it! But then something like the Grand Couloir is beyond me.

+1
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
[quote="tangowaggon"But despite its size, i now realise that there are relatively few challenging pistes in the 3 v, Bosses and grand couloiur being exceptions.
Is it just me?[/quote]

Depends what you mean by challenging I guess?

I won't ever be straight lining it down Alaksan coulouirs but maybe you do that most ski weeks? If so I can understand the pistes of the 3Vs are not challenging. If you aren't then with respect I think you are talking a load of b£ll9@s. Have you skied all or even most of the 600kms of piste? If so plenty of off piste to be had Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ok, had a wine influenced negative head on with the title of this thread partly in reaction to the situation I find myself in.
Offpiste carries insurance implications if not with guide ( but I still do it)
Can't afford my own guide and struggle to find others wanting to share one.
Late 40's so not sure how much longer I can get onto ucpa offpiste weeks.
I have spent 6 weeks in 3v, best was the val t ucpa offpiste week last year.
THis is the first time for a long time that I have skied in France, not in the 3v and would still say that there are very few really challenging pistes for advanced skiers in 3v despite its size.
Perhaps the recession will improve things as resorts cut back on piste bashing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tangowaggon wrote:
... would still say that there are very few really challenging pistes for advanced skiers in 3v despite its size.
Surely that depends on how you ski them? I'm not a bad skier and for a large part of this week have done lots of laps of fairly mild blues and reds, and have been significantly challenged. There are race stades across the 3V that challenge the very best racers. Surely you can ski a piste in a way which challenges you?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just counted up how many times we have been to 3V and its 30 since 1990. Will be there again for 10 days in a couple of weeks and have already done 2 weeks there this season. As far as I am concerned it is the only ski resort I've been to where I DON'T get bored. You can always find some good snow and there are bumps if you know where to look. Go to La Masse for some great skiing. We had some fun there just after Christmas, the itinery off the top of the Masse is great in good snow too. Also the black off Caron into the 4th valley had only just opened and we did it with only 2 other people there. That run in fresh powder is fun too. All the blacks in Courchevel with fresh snow or bumps. There are 3 couloirs on the Courchevel side and they have opened the Meribel couloir as a run this year - not done that yet. I could go on and on.... There are plenty of reds to lap round for big wide turns - e.g. Blaireau. We sometimes ski all round the Meribel valley just doing the reds and blacks one after another. Start at Olympic as first run and finish at Col de Loze. Its just do-able in a day and gives over 60km of downhill and over 12000m of vertical. And we are pensioners hoping to keep going to get our free 3V passes - trouble is as we get older they keep putting the qualifying age up!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There is no objective measure of boredom. It is a purely subjective statement of an individual's feelings.

Fortunately, in this instance, there is no problem. If unable to find amusement or interest in a ski area go elsewhere. It doesn't matter at all.

I woud love to be bored by the 3V. I have too little ski-life left for it to be possible.

Feeling a bit enigmatic today then....

snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar wrote:
tangowaggon wrote:
... would still say that there are very few really challenging pistes for advanced skiers in 3v despite its size.
Surely that depends on how you ski them? I'm not a bad skier and for a large part of this week have done lots of laps of fairly mild blues and reds, and have been significantly challenged. There are race stades across the 3V that challenge the very best racers. Surely you can ski a piste in a way which challenges you?

This. Pistes will never be challenging in terms of terrain - obviously, they're groomed flat, all danger removed (other than other people). You can make them as hard as you want though - try taking the DH race line.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy