Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski's for On Piste/Off Piste

Poster: A snowHead
Just returned from trip in Valmorel & La Clusaz. Thinking about replacing my Dynastar Contact 10's.

I am looking for a comfortable on-piste carving ski which is forgiving in crud, and will look after me through turns with around 80 - 90 waist (i.e. not a fat ski), but will help me float in powder and assist me on occasional forays off the edges of the piste.

I tried some Salomon BBR9's for a couple of days, these were extremely forgiving but did not seem to carve or grip an edge as well as the Contacts, but you could point them straight at any crud.

My mate used some Rossi Experience 83 TPX's which he swore were the best ski's he had ever hired.

I am 83kg and would call myself a "British" advanced intermediate with about 20 weeks under my belt (level 7?)

I tend to ski on boy's trips, which usually involve testosterone induced descents, I would like to be able to hang on in with a bit more control.

Do any Snowheads have any suggestions of ski's that I could consider, to shortlist for testing?

Also, I am back out to Meribel in a few weeks, is there a ski shop that you could recommend and trust for advice and testing?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Movement Jam or Source (I know I know. I'm getting repetitive) But they just work as far as I'm concerned Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dynastar Legend Sultan 85s or 90s.

I loves my 85s I does. Although I seem to remember hearing that they vary a bit year on year.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Atomic Blackeye Ti?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
[b]DavidYacht[/b After trying a pair of Dynastar 80 XTs last season for a few days I bought some. My skiing pretty much matches your description above, although I do carry a little more ballast Embarassed

I'd give them a go if you get the chance.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not what you were asking for, but Line Prophet 98`s did it for me.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sequoiaboard,

yup Dynastar Outland 80's
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gliis shop are doing the 80XT for a good price at the moment

http://buy-ski.glisshop.co.uk/pack_ski/dynastar/outland_80_xt_fluid_nx12_fluid_medium_white_brown-39637.html

and the standard 80 even better price

http://buy-ski.glisshop.co.uk/pack_ski/dynastar/outland_80_nx_12_fluid_black_chrome-32472.html
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Movement Jam or Armada TST, don't feel anything like as wide as their 102mm. Both way better than the BBR (which I think are horrible anyway!)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What don't you like about the BBR? Which ones did you try?

Andy .
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
feef wrote:
Movement Jam or Source (I know I know. I'm getting repetitive) But they just work as far as I'm concerned Smile

This is good advice!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Very happy with my Nordica Soul Riders, for similar purposes.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Line Prophets.

100's or 90's ...I swear by them on and off piste, a little chattery at speed but I've enjoyed every moment on them!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Andy, I think they were BBR 7.9's, I hired them for two days from Ski Republic. I thought they were incredible in their ability to point at any crud and get me through in one piece, I just felt that I was missing a bit of grip on the edges c/w my Contact 10's. They BBR's have highlighted to me that there are a new generation of all-mountain ski's out there, I just need to decide which ones suit me.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have got a pair of 8.9's at 176 cm which are apparently a bit stiffer so may well edge better? I shall be trying them out next Sunday in Mayerhofen. I have read loads of reviews and on balance they seem to get about 95% in favour.
I think if you are an Expert then there may be other things that would probably suit better. I'm just looking for that one Quiver Ski and I think that this is it. I'm happy to loose a bit of performance speed wise for a good all Mountain Ski.
If I want to race then I will use my Atomics. I will report back in a couple of weeks after having given them a good work out Happy I will also take them to Banff and Lake Louise in March for a Pow work out too.

Andy.
latest report
feef, had last week in les arc in Jam's and had a blast. powder to mid thigh Laughing and soft pistes and crusty and moguls and groomers and...well just everything..not going to buy ski's..thats a hire shops job but if i was buying they would certainly be at the very top of the list.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy