Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste Reports for each resort??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Deleted, as obviously dumb idea I had rolling eyes

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 18-01-13 10:39; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dennisp, if you look for posts under the name of the resort you have chosen, you will find this information, or at least get it given to you if you ask. Why on earth would someone write out such a detailed description just on the off chance that someone may find it useful? Plus it is always a very subjective comment on runs, huts queues, etc ., that is influenced by so many things like snow and weather conditions on a given day. What one person finds fantastic another is bored rigid by, the current discussions about Rohmoos above Schladming is a classic example - one regular calling it flat, another describing it as perfect.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dennisp, worth doing an ensemble of piste reviews as part of resort review. E.g. LDA, Signal mega, glacier runs nice warm up for the day, but can be v cold and T bars can be a pain, blah blah blah
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It doesn't sound like a dumb idea to me - when you do a search on a resort you get LOADS of hits, and run reviews are all mixed in. A section structured to make it easy to find run info per resort would be neat, just maybe hard to maintain....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

just maybe hard to maintain....

and, as Samerberg Sue points out, completely inconsistent. Even in the same conditions, one man's super run will be another man's boring/dangerous/crowded/flat run and given a range of different snow conditions, from deep powder to hardpack to grass, the whole thing just becomes unmanageable and pointless. Though if somebody wanted to make it their life's work, there's probably dafter stuff on the internet.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
But then one mans lively cafe/bar is another mans rowdy hellhole and we still find resort reports useful overall. I was just thinking a forum for run reports like we have snow reports, to make run info easier to find. Nowadays I just ski whatever I find at the top of the nearest lift so I'm not so bothered either way, but in my nervous nellie phase I know I would have loved easy access to more comprehensive run info hence thinking it wasn't as foolish an idea as dennis might have thought after the initial feedback.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy