Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski advice and info needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi so I've just sold my salomon suspect skis I had and I'm looking to get something less parky! Been looking at Nordica Soul Rider 2013 and Patron 2013 models but I'm not sure if the Patron will be a bit wide under foot. I have also been advised to try and have a shot on the Atomic Theory and Alibi as they're apparently excellent this year. Also looked at the Line Bacons and K2 Kung Fujas.

Basically I'm looking for a twin tip all mountain ski with a rocker tip and tail that I can go everywhere on. I go out to BC a lot so want some width for the powder days in and out the trees but at the same time need something that will be solid on a groomer back here in Europe.

I'm an intermediate to advanced skier with a bit of an untidy technique in the trees but pretty solid out making bigger turns. I ski pretty hard but also looking for something not too heavy that is poppy and fun.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, also on ski length. I'm 5'11'' and about 78kg

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Praxis MVP. I've got a 20% off code, if you like Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Serriadh wrote:
Praxis MVP. I've got a 20% off code, if you like Twisted Evil

Where are they available from, google came back with nothing!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Praxis Skis. Getting their Google rank up is evidently not a high priority for them!

There's a review or two of the MVPs floating around. Biggest downside is that they're a US company, and getting skis posted across the atlantic and through customs is a wee bit of a hassle, so I was only being semi-serious wink They make very nice kit though.

The contact length is probably a little short if you were expecting to spend a lot of time on piste... but then it is tricky to find a ski that will do deep, soft tree skiing and hard icy pistes well. So spend less time on piste!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 18-01-13 11:05; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, they do look nice but I'd already looked into my brother ordering me Nordica's direct through the hill he works at in BC but the shipping costs and duty taxes are pretty wild!

Do you find the 110 under foot ok on the harder packed stuff?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ca1der, Look for S/H 182 Czar, big smearer so rockered skis like a 160, good on piste, trees, slush and powder. Get on the fronts and centre on very hard snow to get edge bite and carve.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ca1der wrote:
Do you find the 110 under foot ok on the harder packed stuff?

Well, it certainly isn't as good as using a proper piste ski... it is obviously a compromise. Whether it matters to you or not is a completely different issue! If you're expecting to spend a lot of time on harder snow, either get something skinnier or stop trying to find one ski that'll do everything. A sensibly chosen quiver of 2 would sort you right out, and if you use binding inserts it shouldn't cause any hassle when it comes to ski carriage on planes, either.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy