Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tiger Woods hits a hole in one with Lyndsey Vonn

Poster: A snowHead
Filthyphil30k, hockey playing poof?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boris, chunky, blonde who likes a drink and does not mind flashing a bit of skirt.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And always gagging for it. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Filthyphil30k, Oi - less of the chunky
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
must be true
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21839374
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
wonder if he worked on his bunker shot
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
what on earth does he see in her......... wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davidof, ???????!!!!!!!!

Masque, Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Maze looking to meet up with elderly Coronation Street star.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidof wrote:

I'd be quite happy to wager a 1000 quid that, despite my advancing years, I could beat Lyndsey in a proper ski race. Lets say a 1000 meter skin up to warm up for the descent, and knowing she can't ski off piste, a descent on piste. When I say beat, I mean her ass would be truly pwned.

You are joking Davidof.....

Pro world cup athlete vs. aged weekend-warrior from the inter-web !?!?!

I know who my money would be on.
Though maybe whilst Vonn is still on crutches you might have a chance wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davidof wrote:
and knowing she can't ski off piste

Who told you that?

She can very well. I have seen the whole US Womans Ski Team tearing up the Powder in Aspen their downhill event
got called off.

Take it from me they were leading shreading it steep & deep. .....

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 19-03-13 15:13; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Two media whores who basically deserve each other!

He is going for a hole in Vonn, she is looking for the balls! Then maybe she can ski against the men? Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yep, the perfect couple. Even their eyebrows match.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Samerberg Sue,

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Why would a girl from one of the world's most exciting, dynamic sports get involved with a man from the world's most tedious (Excluding F1)?
snow report
foxtrotzulu wrote:
Why would a girl from one of the world's most exciting, dynamic sports get involved with a man from the world's most tedious (Excluding F1)?

Sure it's joke, but I would say real answers are pretty close to this made up ones Wink
http://bostonblickbild.blogspot.com/2013/03/lindsey-vonn-dating-tiger-woods-and-more.html
latest report
Primoz, her talking about being bored in that link sounded just like an interview that was on Austrian TV. She spent the whole time talking about how bored she was because she couldn't ski. She and Tiger both deserve each other. She does look a bit like his ex-wife. It was interesting that her announcement came out after World Cup finals.
latest report
what a horrible cynical lot, good luck to those kids, love is beautiful
snow report
davidof wrote:
Tiger has spent "a torrid night of passion" with Lindsey Vonn in Salzburg last week, just one week after she completely separated from her husband. That will surely ruin the dreams of many a snowhead.

I see the Beeb has just published a celebrity showbizz exclusive on this. According to the beeb on the 18th March rumours have been going around for a couple of weeks.
snow report
stanton wrote:
davidof wrote:
and knowing she can't ski off piste

Who told you that?

The Dutch are humour impaired, who would have thought it?
snow report
Haggis_Trap wrote:
davidof wrote:

I'd be quite happy to wager a 1000 quid that, despite my advancing years, I could beat Lyndsey in a proper ski race. Lets say a 1000 meter skin up to warm up for the descent, and knowing she can't ski off piste, a descent on piste. When I say beat, I mean her ass would be truly pwned.

You are joking Davidof.....

Pro world cup athlete vs. aged weekend-warrior from the inter-web !?!?!

I can assure you Mr Haggis that she would have zero chance of beating me, even if she were fighting fit.
snow conditions
^ ha ha ha ha : dinnae kid yourself Davidof. Talk about fluffing your own ego.
Pistehors is a nice little blog - and I am sure your a decent skier and very fit for a recreational punter.
However Lindsay Vonn would clearly blow you out of the water on both the up and down.
snow report
Haggis_Trap to be honest... I doubt. Down for sure, she would be faster without question (unless Davidof is racer placing somewhere in top 2/3 on EC races), for up, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't... at least if Davidof is in kinda normal shape Wink
I'm doing sport just for fun now after I quit xc ski racing 15 years ago, but I admit, I probably still do it way more then normal people do it, and I still play ice and inline hockey or go cycling together with guys who are currently in top 15 in World cup (alpine), and I'm far from the guy in worse shape in that group Wink I guess I don't need to mention, women racers are nowhere near shape and condition of men racers, so if Davidof is at least in kind of normal shape, he can win uphill without problems.
snow conditions
primoz wrote:
so if Davidof is at least in kind of normal shape, he can win uphill without problems.

If Lynsey can climb at 800 to 1000m / hr we'll see wink but with her weight and power she'll be more like 300 m / hr. So lets say I take an hour out of her on the climb and lose 30% to her on the descent (given my current slalom times) and a 1000 m descent is a few minutes I'd say I would probably have finished lunch, waxed my skis and had time for a genepi before she arrived.
latest report
^ Stick Lyndesy Vonn on the correct ski gear (dyanfit, trab and lycra) and she would have no problem smoking you on the climbs. Like I said before

Profesional World Cup Athlete that trains 5-7 hrs per day
vs.
Enthusiastic middle aged blogger & weekend warrior

Simply no contest. Don't take it personally but you are simply under estimating how fit top level skiers need to be.
Especially someone like Vonn who is known for training very hard (not just weight either but cross training and time on the bike etc).

The assumption you would beat her, with time to wax your skis and drink genepi, is just ludicrous

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 19-03-13 19:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Haggis_Trap,

My money would be on davidof for this particular race, 800 to 1000m an hour is fast and Vonn is not trained / setup for ski touring races.

It'd be the same if you put davidof in another sport he hasn't trained in (e.g. Boxing) he would last longer than a normal punter but his body isn't optimised for that sport. Here he would lose his 1000 quid and his front teeth.

Now a much fairer race would be davidof against an older ex ski racer who now ski tours (i.e. Hermann Maier). Maier would have time to cook his own lunch and eat it then wash his car before davidof got down.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 19-03-13 19:58; edited 2 times in total
latest report
Believe it or not, she never saw what 5-7h/day training is... like no other alpine skier ever did Wink Unless you count driving to training, driving back from training, stretching etc. into those hours Wink
First I thought Davidof mean 1000m long track, not 1000 height meters track. With 1000 height meters, he would probably even drive back home in time she would come to top... if she would ever made it up to top... no matter what equipment she would use. Wink Like I wrote before, even nowadays (when I'm far out of my best years and best shape) I'm far from slowest guy in that group we use to go cycling or playing hockey together. And believe me, these guys are way way better prepared then Lindsey is. So this tells at least a bit, in what kinda shape top skiers are.
snow report
Vonn spends 2-3 hrs a day endurance training on the bike plus she is at least 10+ years younger
Davidof is blowing hot-air if he thinks he would easily smoke her.

http://fitbie.msn.com/behind-scenes-lindsey-vonn

FWIW : As a 34 year old office monkey I can push out 600m in 1 hr on heavy freeride gear. (i.e Cairngorm carpark to summit). There is doubt in my mind Vonn would *easily* beat that - especially on proper light rando kit.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well, there's only one way to settle this. How much d'ya think it would cost us?
snow report
I think this is all highly theoretical. If this really happened davidof would send Vonn out front so he can keep an eye on her booty wink
latest report
Haha, who cares who goes uphill the fastest? Downhill is the realest sport there is, being good at going uphill is just a matter of exercise, not sport.
latest report
jimmer, seriously?? Would really like you see winning something which is so easy to do...
ski holidays
Best thread hijack of 2013.
snow report
My money also would be on davidof.

I mean, c'mon, it's like expecting Usain Bolt to be good at fell running.
ski holidays
primoz wrote:
jimmer, seriously?? Would really like you see winning something which is so easy to do...

Are there even competitive touring races outside of Davidofs mind? I was laughing at the ridiculousness of his challenge, being good at going uphill is just like being good at any other endurance sport, 90% fitness, not much skill.
latest report
jimmer wrote:
Are there even competitive touring races outside of Davidofs mind? I was laughing at the ridiculousness of his challenge, being good at going uphill is just like being good at any other endurance sport, 90% fitness, not much skill.

SRSLY?
snow conditions
It's called rando racing and the Brits are so bad at it they often come last!

http://www.thebmc.co.uk/warning--ski-mountaineering--racing--highly-addictive-cocktail
http://www.wildsnow.com/2700/world-championship-ski-mountaineering-randonnee/
http://alpine-guides-blog.com/category/race-reports/ski-races/page/2/
ski holidays
altis wrote:
It's called rando racing and the Brits are so bad at it they often come last!

http://www.thebmc.co.uk/warning--ski-mountaineering--racing--highly-addictive-cocktail
http://www.wildsnow.com/2700/world-championship-ski-mountaineering-randonnee/
http://alpine-guides-blog.com/category/race-reports/ski-races/page/2/

Haha, I honestly didn't know!

Well, that looks like the equivalent of road racing compared to DH biking, much less fun and too much lycra! Wink
latest report
jimmer,

You should try skiing on very light weight skis / boots in variable terrain after you have just bust a gut running up a steep high. It's a lot harder than having your butt and optimum sized downhill alpine kit taken up hill on the lift then just skiing down.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 20-03-13 11:13; edited 2 times in total
latest report
Here we are stepping out of the way while a racer goes past in the opposite direction. None of them had any style whatsoever and seemed to ski permanently in survival mode.

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy