Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Freidrichshafen to St Christoph

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All.

Can anyone tell roughly how long the coach journey will be please as the Inghams site is saying between 2 3/4 - 3hrs !!

I was lead to believe it was about sixty miles. Any info would be appriciated as i wa shoping to get on the slopes on the Saturday of arrival (26th Jan).

Hate long coach trips.

Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wallyynot, the problem can be the weather and the traffic - Pfändertunnel around Bregenz can be by-passed if coming from that side though. Perhaps that is an outside time. Depends on when you land determines how much traffic build up there is.

It is snowing pretty heavily in most of southern Germany and Austria at the moment, if it continues it will also have a knock on effect. Slower and more traffic as the day and weekend trippers come out to play.

The coach is restricted to either 80km/h or if it is of a high enough quality, perhaps 100km/h. distance is about 124kms and the last part will be over the Pass if it is open. This could mean that the coach drivers have to put chains on. The first part of the journey is also slowish until you get to the A96/A14
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Samerberg Sue, many thanks for information, I land around 9.15am so could still be there by 1.00pm-ish I guess.

Was originally down to fly into Innsbruk then they changed to anoher airport and time.

Will just have to stock up on supplies for the journey, at least I'll e on holiday. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wallyynot, Are you flying Monarch? They seem to have had a few difficulties this season getting planes landing (or maybe pilots cleared to land) at Innsbruck. We were diverted to Friedrichshafen mid flight due to fog. Meant that all the coaches were sat at Innsbruck, while we were at Friedrichshafen.

On our return we flew out of Innsbruck, but for some reason Monarch had decided that one of the other flights was going to go from Friedrichshafen. It's a pig of a journey when you've booked to stay in Italy! I wonder if they decide to just use Italian airports for the Dolomites next season or not use Monarch?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi hammerite;

Was originally booked via Innsbruk when I booked early last year, then got a letter around August to say that they were trasferring this flight over to Friedrichshafen. So I contacted them and they said it was an pre-hemped weather call as if they are delayed into Innsbruk I could be sitting at Gatwick for a long time, and with a better weather history hence the switch.

Originally there was only two flights out of Gatwick to Innsbruk, and with moving one of them with an hour apart they have added another flight Puzzled

I'm still hoping that I get time on my arrival day to do a bit of skiing, but I suppose the wether will dictate.

hammerite, i bet you were really pieved off with that journey, how long did it take ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Left home at 5am got into resort just after midnight. We landed in Friedrichshafen at around 2pm, spent 3 hours sat at a service station somewhere in Austria waiting for other coaches from flights that had been diverted.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cripes should think you were knackered

I hate long coach trips and I'm fearing the wors on this one.

Back to Levi in Finland next year,oly 20 mins from airport.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
wallyynot, or fly to Salzburg and select any of the resorts within a 40 minute drive of the airport!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
wallyynot, or fly to Salzburg and select any of the resorts within a 40 minute drive of the airport!

Hi Samerberg, yes done that have had some good trips to Filzmoos during the Hot air Ballon festival.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Provided the roads are not affected by weather or traffic congestion the coach transfer from Friedrichshafen to St Christoph should be 1.5 hours.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy