Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarding peak district

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Where is the best places in the peaks to board hopefully we get enough snow on the weekend we are between Sheffield and chesterfield
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are actual ski tows a bit further north in the Lakes, although I think you wanty a decent car/tyres/chains/4wd/something to access them.

I used to live in sheffield and would just walk out past fullwood / lodgemoor to find a big hill, no where specific really. Had a decent hill opposit my house on which to make a little kicker. Fun times. snowHead

Check this thread out for Peak District skiing:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1926385
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Years ago there used to be a ski tow out near ringinglow......if you do a google search you may be able to find out where exactly (I'm not sure how to describe it). That slope is still a good one.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been watching the news and weather forecasts and I'm hoping that the former is correct for once - "10 inches expected tomorrow"! - as opposed to the Met Office which only says 3 inches. I've never been boarding in the Peaks before but we're planning to head out on Saturday. Strange how it's the PEAK District and I spend so much time there, however I'm struggling to think of a really good open, long, relatively steep and fairly accessible slope to try out! We are from Mansfield/Sheffield but will probably aim for the Kinderscout / Mam Tor area.

Check this out from 3 years ago - http://www.fall-line.co.uk/news/peak-district-skiing-and-snowboarding-never-got-this-good

Let me know where you are heading or if you know any good spots!

Have fun! Cool

Bill
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Transport not a problem got a 4x4 with chunky tyres I think that lift is at Jacobs ladder but never seen it there will post wen I find decent snow going out lunch time sat
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There's a cable car at the Heights of Abraham in Matlock Bath, not sure if there's any boarding there though. There's very occasionally a rope tow run by locals in the fields above Hayfield, on the western edge of the Peak District. And then there's Another World Ski & Board centre outside Halifax.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Going out to chatsworth after tea Will let u no wot it's like
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm probably going to be going to Edale on Sunday morning with the intention of skiing this

https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/500/grinslow_knoll.jpg

No idea if it will be skiable or not but hopefully the wind will help fill it in. Anyone fancy joining me?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looks good there was enough snow at chatsworth to play last night
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone go to mam tor or edale in the end? Thinking of heading there tomorrow (sunday) morning depending on roads and snow....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy