Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiboard gone

Poster: A snowHead
During the desperate days after MO, there was an almost identical board to this set up. Almost the only thing that happened on it was the realisation that Snowheads had got there first.

It's gone now, it seems.

Whoever it was thanks for trying.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I agree, cheers to whoever started the skiboard site.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I too came across that one ( it was mentioned on r.s.r.e.) I think the instigator joined up here when he realised that snowHeads was better populated....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If PG, is right, will said instigator please stand up for a round of virtual cyber-applause?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought they colaborated on this one?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think PG is right. I saw Q8-Ian over on that board too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marc gledhill, In fact, wasn't it Alan Craggs?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nope - Alan is skicardiff...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG, IIRC he had a pseudonym but I can't bring it to mind.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Meister Jager posted there a bit to start with, it was he who first mentioned that forum over on rec.skiing.resorts.europe...... perhaps he knows.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Found that one thanks to Meister Jager before I found this but as stated above unfortunately it just never took off. Before it vanished, postings were down to trickle and I think it got about 40 registered users.

Elizabeth B invited them over here - not sure if he/she/it ever joined us. All I can recall of the originator was the nickname started with M.

Whatever, snowHeads double plus good.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
(Keep looking at this heading and thinking someone's lost some kind of new ski/snowboard hybrid. Think I'll go back to bed....)

snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the thought PG but I don't think Chris is thinking of my site (which still exists btw - boy am I glad U took on this job, I wouldn't have had time or resources to cope!).
Maybe Chris is thinking of J2Dave's site at http://www.j2ski.com/portal ?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alan, there was one called www.skiboard.co.uk, looked quite nice actually but they didn't have Elizabeth B hunting down old SCGB members Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It was quite nice, format was much the same as this and I registered there before I saw a reference to snowHeads on the ifyouski board.

I agree that the early members spreading the word so well probably gave this site the evolutionary edge needed to survive.
snow report
You are right. It was the one I meant, Ian Hopkinson,

I posted an old Kitzbuhel report on there I stole from SCGB. Or did they steal it from me since I wrote it?
latest report
I don't know who started skiboard - I came across it while searching for a new forum after "MO day". I think the administrator was "Markos" - maybe he's here under another name.
snow report
He did come across here and register. Not sure if he ever posted though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy