Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK snow

Poster: A snowHead
Flying out of Manchester lunchtime Saturday heading for Innsbruck the odds are looking a little iffy at both ends - could be an interesting day rolling eyes
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowbandit, The BBC weather forecast for Innsbruck on Saturday looks OK.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jtr, Yes,does not look to bad - just checked wetter.at. It is this end I am more concerned with. I am hoping the authorities are better prepared after last years fiascos. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snow at gatwick right through to 9:00am Saturday.

Hope someone there has read the forecast snowHead

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2648767
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flying from Manchester Saturday 06.10 to Salzburg.MAYBE, MAYBE NOT
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
On train back from londinium. What are the snow conditions like en route to liverpool? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm flying from Birmingham Saturday morning, have everything crossed!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just passed thru runcorn. No snow to speak of.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Now wondering whether I should be more worried about snow grounding flights from East Mids or earthquakes!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21073263
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
at least most of you are flying, I'm on a bus to Aosta tomorrow which could end been days if it snows to much grrrrr
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
None in Dartford
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Over 2 inches in Dorset overnight - and we're near the coast where they said it wouldn't be so much..
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
1.5 to 2 inches in Shropshire overnight - still coming down - wasn't supposed get blizzard and lots until 9 am or so. OH just gone off to work driving around the countryside (vet) - so glad that he has winter tyres, snow chains (thanks to previous driving ski holiday) and several layers. Could do with him going to panic buy some loo roll if he gets the chance!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Stuck in Innsbruck airport waiting to get back to bristol. Flight delayed they will give further info at 12.20. Bristol snow bound. Think this is going to be a nightmare journey. Anyone near bristol airport - how is the weather?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm not near Bristol but via http://uksnowmap.com this is what Bristol Parkway looks like: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA4YmPACIAA3K7I.jpg:large
latest report
Now have tractors with snowploughs attached clearing the road outside (Rural Shrops). Hope OH's car gets around OK so we can drive to a hill!
snow report
Manchester not too bad this morning.

Landing last night through snow was exciting though.
snow report
zellmaniac, 2 inches about 40 miles north

two lanes open on the M5 on the webcam near Bristol airport

Bristol airport website says an EJ departure from INN to Bristol at 14:35

Good luck
snow conditions
zellmaniac, Met Office is showing "heavy Snow and "very poor visibility" at Bristol airport up to 12:00. The 15:00 forecast is "light snow" and "moderate visibility". Nothing is going in or out at present.

BTW, the Bristol Airport Twitter feed gets updated well before their website.
snow report
From the BBC - "Cardiff, Bristol and Southampton airports are closed and part of the M4 is shut near Bath."

link - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21071608
latest report
Heathrow just tweeted:

"Due to wintery weather, there are some delays & cancellations. Please check your flight status with your airline"

Snow is coming down hard here in Towcester will be interesting having to drive later today rolling eyes
ski holidays
Anotehr one here flying from Gatwick tomorrow morning... hopefully!

Sat in my office in central london looking out of the window at a near white-out!

Fingers crossed Puzzled
latest report

Just spotted this Park Street Bristol Shocked Park street is pretty steep at least a red run!
snow conditions
Randomsabreur, Just been for a quick wander on Titterstone Clee. Cover a bit patchy, not enough to hide all the grass but probably enough to slide around on. Windy though, hence the patchy snow. Might give it a go later.
snow conditions
Heathrow closed its northern runway, according to twitter
snow report
I can't believe the Northern runway has closed first,. You would expect it to be much hardier than the soft Southern runway Toofy Grin
ski holidays
livetoski, Toofy Grin

Not a drop down here. Just cold rain. Crying or Very sad
Oh well, the wonderful permasnow will have to do! At least it feels cold enough for skiing. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
4-5 inches in west berks and not slowing.

Not a lift served hill to be seen though Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
livetoski, haha nice.
Clifton Down down to the Avon would be better vertical though.

Does that make Vale Street a (very short) black run?
latest report
A good inch of snow in Purley, fine snow since about 8am, flakes getting bigger now. Need that Friday night bottle of wine so it's on with the rucksack for a walk down to Tesco.
ski holidays
Hope the Bristol skier has plenty of P Tex Shock
latest report
2-3cm where I am just east of Guildford at the moment. If it keeps going Newlands Corner or Box Hill might be a goer tomorrow.
snow report
livetoski wrote:

Just spotted this Park Street Bristol Shocked Park street is pretty steep at least a red run!

Are you sure that's not just the gaper spirit animal on his way to the gym? Wink
latest report
We had about 4 inches last Monday most of which has stayed put as it hasn't been above freezing all week. Apparently we are getting a bit more today but nothing as yet. All roads/airports/stations open as usual. I think we're a bit more prepared in this area as we do tend to have some snow every winter. It's certainly never stopped me getting to and from work.
snow conditions
12 miles from gatwick been snowing since 8am. Roads ok though. My other half drove past airport earlier and access was fine
latest report
Very heavy in Brum, airport closed, roads gridlocked.
snow report
Gazzza wrote:
2-3cm where I am just east of Guildford at the moment. If it keeps going Newlands Corner or Box Hill might be a goer tomorrow.
I should think so - we're at about the same elevation as Box Hill and it's still coming down steadily here

ski holidays
Just watching the lunchtime news, is it reasonable to start ranting about the general patheticness of the British public, or maybe it's just the news teams. How many times can they use the word treachorous and then show picture of a road with no snow on it, and traffic stationary on a road with only an inch of white stuff. Just driven to Ludlow and back, no problems, just apply rule 5 and get on with it. I'm off up the hill with the board now to calm down Laughing
snow conditions
Bristol airport is open and some flight have got away but as you can imagine there have been lots of cancellation and delays.
snow report
Great kite skiing at Mere Down, Wiltshire this afternoon. About 4" of soft snow and 15-20 knots of wind.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy