Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK snow

Poster: A snowHead
Bit of a dusting, looked promising in the light of the headtorch, stopped now Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowed heavily in Birmingham for a while earlier this evening: topped up the earlier snow nicely and made for great (and challenging!) skiing at the Ackers slope tonight. But now drizzling heavily a bit further south and prospects for tomorrow look grim (i.e. wet).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dumping here in mid (east) Wales. Proper big lumpy flakes.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tipping down here now. I know it causes disruption, but it is lovely isn't it Very Happy (Just wish I had a proper shovel wink)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Been dumping down here right by M'cr airport, had a good bit around 5-6pm followed by some rain then snowing hard again from around 8pm and still coming down and sticking. Probably 3" or so. Very quiet at the airport, been a lot of long delays and cancellations.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh fewk, where did all this snow come from all of a sudden Toofy Grin Toofy Grin . Skiing round the estate again tomorrow me thinks !! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowing in Birmingham earlier but turned to heavy rain now. TBH I'm glad. Slipped today, wrenched my knee and took a lump a out of my shin. Shouldn't affect upcoming ski trip though. Plus nearly had a serious accident last week on black ice, 360 degree turn on a dual carriageway. Interesting that its snowing in Barnsley and Manchester. My BIL lives in the former and is flying tomorrow form the latter and has erred on the side of caution by traveling to the airport this evening even though his flight isn't until 11:00. I thought he was being a wuss but maybe not.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Blizzard conditions here in north North Yorkshire
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Corky, The "Woodhead pass closed" signs were lit up at 5 o'clock well before we had any sign of snow so yep probably a wise move.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
raybey1 wrote:
Quote:

TOM4632 by any chance?

finestgreen, You got it wink

I guess you also experienced the utter shambles of Crystal's handling of the transfer then!

(we got diverted to Grenoble after we couldn't land at Chambery because of low visibility (not their fault obviously), they took hours to get the buses to us, then the reps "organised" the milling crowds onto their various buses by muttering to whoever happened to be standing near them and letting information diffuse by rumour. Grr.)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That was one heck of a thaw! There must have been at least 4 inches of snow in Darlington yesterday, all gone this morning, not even any residual ice! Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RichardB, same in Manchester 8am Saturday about 4/5". By 8pm every last bit had gone, nothing left!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
if this could be taked as gospel, it might be worth a trip on Saturday morning Shocked
http://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Coombe-Hill-Buckinghamshire/forecasts/260
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone else got snow in the UK this morning? We've had a good dusting overnight and it's coming down hard again. My OH has just phoned to report chaos on the school run and son is really late for school.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dumping it for a while here but just a shower, unfortunately.
snow conditions
sarah, yes, we have some here. Not enough to cause chaos though,
snow conditions
Chucked it down in central Manchester for a while earlier - and radio was reporting both Snake and Woodhead passes closed. Stopped now though.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 5-02-13 10:05; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Hells Bells, I know! That's what I thought from looking outside so when he rang I was surprised, he says traffic was crawling on the lanes round here up to the main roads, then he says that some of the main roads were snow covered and then there was a big queue due to an accident Sad
snow report
sarah, I know the roads were wet when I went to bed, so perhaps there was ice underneath that thin cover of snow. Gritters were out here.
latest report
Bit of cover around Halifax.

There was a bit of an issue at the kids school when they got Gary Gritter and Jimmy Shovel in to clear it from the paths!! Shocked
latest report
Hells Bells, maybe that was it then.

Mosha Marc, Laughing
latest report
First snows of the year for me on the West Coast of Ireland. We drove from here on the coast in Co. Clare inland a bit to Ennis, up to Galway then Mayo to surf one of Irelands best waves. I left at 4:15 and we were getting in the water at about 8:15. Pretty cold putting on the wetsuit on ankle deep in snow!!

Unfortunately not enough to go sliding on, although a mate who travelled separately managed to slide of the road in the middle of the Burren at about 6am with only a horse and some well camouflaged sheep for help Laughing
ski holidays
Following the very heavy snowfalls in the Eastern USA and Canada, see BBC News and here, is there any chance that in a few days the the tail end of the weather system responsible will reach the UK resulting in some more snow?
latest report
Currently snowing in Essex quite heavy as well. Beginning to settle forecast to snow until early hours of Monday.
latest report
Snow forecast for Bristol airport for early tomorrow am
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy