Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any seasonairs doing bar work? Advice needed!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey people!

So i'm looking to do a season 2013/14 (bit early i know) and have started to ask around a few bars in 3 Valleys, Val D. I was just wondering if any of you bar workers could give me some advice on what you included on your CV/ Covering letter! Or what potential employers are looking out for?

Cheers guys!

Nick
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
baker_pro wrote:
Hey people!

Or what potential employers are looking out for?

a photo showing your norks..
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're looking for bar work, I'd guess that previous bar work would be the most important thing to put on a CV.

Getting in early is the best bet, though. If you can make contact or meet bar owners now then all the better.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spelling Seasonaire correctly may help? wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wot he said bertie bassett,
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bertie bassett wrote:
baker_pro wrote:
Hey people!

Or what potential employers are looking out for?

a photo showing your norks..

Haha well being a male i think this might be a tad weird!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing wrote:
Spelling Seasonaire correctly may help? wink Toofy Grin

Haha i blame firefoxs spell check ability!

But yeh i havnt had much experience behind a bar but a few ads said this isnt necessary as they train upon arrival. so i'm just playing on other work experience like retail!

Thanks people
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
First till I ever used had a motor on the side where the crank handle used to stick out
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think you're showing your age Masque,NehNeh
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

But yeh i havnt had much experience behind a bar

plenty of time to get some before next season. And maybe brush up your language skills unless you plan to work in a bar patronised exclusively by Brits? And brush up your brushing skills in case the bar jobs are in short supply?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Definitely learn some French (if its a French resort you're keen on going to). If you can, get hold of some language tapes by Michel Thomas, they're really good and what I sued before a winter season to brush up on my verbal skills. You can play them in the car, or whenever you have time, and aren't reliant upon writing anything down, there's around 8 different lessons up to an hour and a half each. If you haven't got bar experience, and if you're not a hot buxom blonde who likes wearing low cut tops, you're probably going to need something else to stand out from the crowd.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy