Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thinking of new ski jacket

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What are peoples general impression of Eider?

Are they a good make?

I was looking at either the Jackson Hole or Lillehammer in Abyss Blue.

http://www.eider.com/en/products/fall-winter-2012-2013/mens-shell-jackets/lillehammer-jkt-ii-m

http://www.eider.com/en/products/fall-winter-2012-2013/mens-shell-jackets/jackson-hole-jkt-m

What do other people rate?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are a few other threads on the subject of jackets, though not those ones in particular. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=96336 is a recent one.

I wouldn't bother with the Lillehammer myself. The quality of down in it is relatively low... it will be no lighter or warmer than a reasonable synthetic-fill jacket, it will perform much worse if it gets wet and it will be a bit more awkward to wash.

I usually recommend a good breathable softshell and a lightweight packable rain shell for emergencies. I don't know if anyone has ever listened to this advice, however wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rossignolbloke,

I have an eider elliott Goretex XCR jacket, i bought it 2nd hand off fleabay for £38 delivered. It is in great condition and i have used it for two seasons, i have washed it in nikwax and re proofed it and water just beads off it. I reckon i will get a good few seasons out of it yet, and i think the guy i got it from said it was three seasons old.

My wife has an Eider Goretex jacket as well and she is well pleased with it. I like Eider gear, it seems quality and not quite as expensive as North Face or Hagloffs
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How does a very breathable (15k) jacket work when it is filled with down? That sounds like a bit of a design flaw.

Now I've finally bought a gore-tex hard shell I can't imagine going back to old style insulated jackets.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've a few bits of Eider,(no Jacket though), quality gear.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy