Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A US/CA snow report - my top 5 at the moment, Jan/16

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What's up guys?
I've been following this forum for a while now, and I felt I just have to register. I review a lot of resorts in North America on a daily basis, so if I can take that information and share it with you, why not? Smile
For starters, here are my chosen snowiest resorts at the moment:

1. I'll start with Sundance Resort. Around 50" of fresh snow covered this resort the past week and the conditions are amazing - heavy fresh snow and a sunny forecast. If you wanna see how great the conditions are, click here:

http://youtube.com/v/UEEtTG-rIr4
You can see those who enjoyed first tracks in Bishop's Bowl early in the morning a few days ago, if you were there, please share!

2. Still in Utah and not far from Sundance, is Snowbasin, Utah; This resort has seen over 26" of snow lately and the weather is similar to Sundance. You can check it out in this video by Michael Carlisle shot a few days ago:
http://youtube.com/v/Mbiqt4vq77Q

3. You are probably asking now: "yeah that's great, but which resort has the deepest packed snow at the moment?" Well the answer is Mount Rose, NV! Current depth is 124" and the next days are nothing but sun, sun, sun Smile Should get colder around the end of next week, and hopefully more powder for those on planning to head out there. It's not too late...

If you got some extra time, be sure to look at this awesome first-person video shot with GoPro Hero 3 w/ X-Shot 2.0. Its a bit long but the view is spectacular!

http://youtube.com/v/zVOvIXMky8A

4. Thinking of going a little north this weekend? The North Face Park and Pipe Open Series (PPOS) is a freeskiing tour that started two days ago in Whistler Blackcomb, Canada until Jan 17. Base-Depth is around 8 ft, sun is shining and small chances of snow fall this weekend so they picked a perfect time to host this event. You can expect heavier drops later next week.

5. Closing my list, is Canyons Resort, Utah, recently voted one of the top 10 ski resort in North America for 2013! 162 trails are open, 54 groomed, 19 skiable lifts, 2 parks with 32 total features, 6 natural halfpipes, 5 bowls and 11" of fresh powder should be enough for you to beat the cold, and prepare yourselves for the sunny warmer days up ahead.

I'll try to give you a similar update every week, so if you have some fresh videos or photos be sure to share them with me (you can in private) and I will feature in my next review, with credit to the sender.

See you at the slopes!

ArctivityGuy.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
By the way, these are my fav picks from the snowiest at the moment. Mount Rose is the heaviest in my list and these are my recommended ones in the near future.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy