Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do skis get stolen?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have seen my skiing mentor's brand new race dept slalom skis go from under what is now the Folie Douce in VT (but wasn't then). Had a colleague have her limited edition skis nicked from outside the Meribel chalet she was working in last season (she'd only gone back in to get her gloves!). Another colleague had their season skis go on my first season. Got billed €400 by the rental company IIRC. Always hear stories of skis going from outside the Ronnie in Meribel. When teaching/shadowing in Meribel we left all the group's poles behind the Rhodos whilst we did a circuit without them. Came back to find my nice season Leki poles had been replaced by someone else's beaten up ones!

Moral of the story - don't buy nice gear. If you must, lock it up and keep it in sight.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We were on the gondola this morning heading up Whistler mountain and when we came off my other half was fuming. Apparently one of the other men in our cabin had been chatting to his friends about how he was on the look out for a decent "new" pair of skis to take while on the mountain. He says it was in a slightly joking, but not really joking way, and it didn't sound like the first time he had done it... So its not just the European resorts that have problems! The guy was English from his accent (and a right geezer) but I would imagine there are many others who are willing too.

Reading this thread and having come across someone this morning clearly prepared to help themselves makes me very glad we always use a combination lock when we stop! Our gear is nothing special, but it would put a serious downer on our holiday if it went missing and it only takes 5secs to lock them up once you get into the habit. Also, it means that when we can't find it again we're 99.9% sure its our memories that are wrong and not anything more sinister Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy