Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hochfugen - any tips?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As is the way of these things, a trip planned much earlier for Krippenstein has mutated into a week in Hochfugen - probably pre mid-term break.

Anyone have any advice on (1) a local guide book in English (2) routes for a couple of newbies to the area to take by themselves while in "explore with care" mode? (3) a good local guide, once we have realised we're way out of our depth (4) accomodation (the Montana apartments look passable).

I know that's a lot of questions but the sH's brain is a bottomless pit...

(Have searched existing posts and Sarahj's info is helpful but not exhaustive)

(Mods, can I post this in Resorts too?)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Big Paua,(3) local guide , definatley kevin benk at ski check, pm me for his contact details
(2) hochfugen has a designated free ride area , with tranciever check points and training field , but there are loads of easy feilds, under the lift , and side country routes , that if the avi conditions are favourable are explorable with out a guide ,

its a great place , and has access to some great off piste runs , http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=86450&highlight=
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dabber,
Thanks for helpful reply but er, looks like I was a bit hasty in asking for help in Hochfugen. Due to most of Feb containing several of Austria's national hols and therefore Hochfugen accomodation all booked up, ski buddies now looking at Alagna instead. (Sigh - it's the same every season. Herding cats. One year we might actually get organised in advance!)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Big Paua, no worries , put it on your to do list , we went in January and had some of my best ski days ever snowHead
Sorry know nought about alagna Cool Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Big Paua, It seems that I came to this thread a bit late. I was starting to compile answers to your questions as I read through the rest of the thread, only to find your last comment being that you´re going to Alagna instead. Hey ho! If you change your mind, give me a shout. There´s a lot more information in my head than I´ve written on this forum! Smile
Incidently, did you try looking for accommodation in Fügen as well? There´s a free ski bus from Fügen to Hochfügen, it runs every 15 minutes and the journey takes 20-25 minutes. There´s a lot more accommodation, of all price ranges in Fügen.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Sarahj.

Apologies - I'll stop bothering fellow sHs until I can extract a firm decision from the Party.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I love the off piste at Hoch Fugen! IMO, best in Zillertal. This year they seem to have marked a load of trails on the piste maps, so relatively safe ways to go I would say. There's a large section to do between Hoch Fugen and Kaltenbach as well, again this used to be completely off piste a few years ago but I think it is now marked as a trail on the piste map.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
huw_jenks, +1, one of my favorite spots
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hochfugen is one of the places that regular bus trips are run to from Munich, haven't been so far will need to give it a try now. If anyone fancies meeting up let me know as I seem to be lacking ski buddies in Munich so far.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thinking of a four day trip to hochfügen in march , anyone know if this would work in hochfügen , as the direct access to the slopes would mean max snow time .

SaraJ, do they let those loverly apartments over your shop for a long weekend or mid week break ??
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dabber,
Quote:

Thinking of a four day trip to hochfügen in march , anyone know if this would work in hochfügen

I can´t think of any reason why it wouldn´t work. We get a lot of people who are here for a random number of days.
I would suggest getting a hire car so that you can come and go when you want. The buses and trains are good but don´t run late in the evening.
As far as I know they will rent out the apartments for shorter stays. Best would be to email with your dates and ask for availability. www.chalet-apart.at
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy