Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trip to Ischgl This weekend

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am trying to find someplace to stay in Ischgl this weekend (18-20 Jan 2013) for 2. We are two dudes in our early 40s. We would like to arrive on Friday night and leave after skiing on Sunday. Any advice?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Several times I've been to Ischgl for a weekend, although I never manged to find accomodation in the town that was remotely affordable. I always ended up in Kappl, about 15 minutes down the road by bus. Much cheaper and quieter than Ischgl but a sweet little village and easy to get to and from the Ischgl slopes on the free bus. Kappl has it's own smaller ski area which is also nice, though much smaller than Ischgl. If you're going for the Apres you'd be disappointed with Kappl. As far as I recall the buses run reasonably late but not late enough to spend the whole evening in Ischgl.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you should try the tourist board site as that worked once for us. your problem is that the resort runs Saturday to Saturday and is heaVily booked even at this time of year. We have used a 4 star hotel there once (late availablility) but i dont recall the name off hand

a better option oudl be to adjust your arrivAl and book a cheaP b and b so that you can arrive any time in the week eg stay wednesday, thursday and friday night, ski saturday an dthen stay in a nearby town (we did this once staying in Innsbruck on the Saturday)

GOOD LUCK
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Probably not impossible but likely to be very difficult. Mathon, up the road is probably your best bet.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ischgl is one of the hardest places to find weekend accommodation in the Alps, you pretty much always have to wait until the week you go and book last minute rooms.

You will find somewhere but you'll probably have to stay somewhere Friday night then move to different accommodation on the Saturday, basically just picking up rooms that haven't been sold at the end of one week and start of the next. In five years of regular weekend trips there we've always had to do this.

If you're feeling confident your Friday night accommodation will probably 'guarantee' you they can find you rooms somewhere else for the Saturday so you could just travel without anything and rely on them, its worked for us in the past but guess its risky. Don't expect much in the way of reductions for the inconvenience either, Ischgl is great but cheap is not a concept they are familiar with there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
njemjy, try to sneak under one of the benches in Burger King and hope they don't see you
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone so much for great feedback. We are continuing to look. We have tried the Ischgl website, bergflex, booking.com, and many other places. Everything is taken. But we are optimistic. We hope to arrive Friday afternoon, maybe we will find something then. Burger King does sound like a good idea.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try this place
http://raetia-ischgl.at/
Just Back last night from a weekend stay there and can recommend it highly as a really good modern apartment just a snowballs throw from the lifts and après bars but also remains quiet through the night. Tell them David who stayed last weekend recommended it to you as he was really happy with his stay.
Also send a request via the ishcgl website accommodation page and wait for the offers to be emailed to you.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
njemjy, try the b&b's on the outskirts of town , http://v.ida-ischgl.at/garniIda/page/488658646884908270_495205404314148182_495205404314148182,de.html

They also have self catering apartments
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Found a place in Mathon. Thanks again everyone for the advice.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy