Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Go-Montgenevre?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

Having a bit of a problem with Go-Montgenevre, called them to organise an apartment for February which was all ok received the booking form via e-mail which was returned along with the deposit which was transferred directly as discussed. Since this all happened over a week ago we have been unable to contact anyone at Go-Montgenevre by either phone or e-mail. Does anyone know what the score is?

I have seen nothing but good reviews on-line regarding Go-Montgenvre but this is now getting to the worrying stage especially with us having our flights booked.

Anyone had any dealings? Know what we should do?

Mad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dave_wick, no recent dealing with them, but they have always been very good in the past. I am PMing you an alternative email address for them. Hope you get through to them. Can't remember if they are on Snowheads or not but will have a think.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your help Sarah.

Appreciated.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another day of trying and no response, some of the guys are starting to panic now. Pretty poor show tbh.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From the website:

"www.go-montgenevre.comis a site operated by Go Montgenevre LtdLtd ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 5889634 and have our registered office at Weir Cottage, Weir Land, Yeovilton, Somersets BA22 8EU. We are a limited company."

https://www.facebook.com/gomontgenevre?filter=3

This is the partner company - http://www.chezserrechevalier.co.uk/go-montgenevre/ - might be worth contacting them...

Could be something simple like phone being down or no internet access.....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Specialman wrote:
From the website:

"www.go-montgenevre.comis a site operated by Go Montgenevre LtdLtd ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 5889634 and have our registered office at Weir Cottage, Weir Land, Yeovilton, Somersets BA22 8EU. We are a limited company."

https://www.facebook.com/gomontgenevre?filter=3

This is the partner company - http://www.chezserrechevalier.co.uk/go-montgenevre/ - might be worth contacting them...

I have sent them a mail, cheers.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Specialman wrote:

That's what I would think and hope. Happens to us regularly and is very frustrating but fortunately we're not trying to run a business. Really hope you get this sorted.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sarah wrote:
Specialman wrote:

That's what I would think and hope. Happens to us regularly and is very frustrating but fortunately we're not trying to run a business. Really hope you get this sorted.

The people I've booked with had this - poor/intermittent internet and not always being near the phone.. I just chalk it down as living the French alpine lifestyle Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Or you could contact (phone?) the Montgenevre tourist board: http://www.montgenevre.com/winter/en/contact . It isn't a big place.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Panic is over, everything sorted out.

Was wondering though if anyone could advise on which route to take from Grenoble to Montgenevre?

We arrive on the Saturday (change over day) any tips would be appreciated as always Very Happy

Thanks
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dave_wick, there are two possible routes. Either via Frejus tunnel (40€ return trip approx), then over the Col de Montgenevre from Italy, or via Vizille, Bourg d'Oisans and the Col du Lauteret. I think for Montgenevre Frejus would be a little quicker. If weather is bad, definitely Frejus. You can check conditions via an IPhone/Andoid app .
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers Hells Bells, will take a look at both routes.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I know it is a bit late but next time: Turin airport is nearer.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dave_wick, if you go via the Frejus Tunnel make sure it is open. We were late arriving when we came through it and it was open only in one direction for a period and then in the opposite direction for another period, we arrived at it just as our direction closed and had a long wait. This was very late at night though, think they were doing roadworks.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frejus tunnel website has details of closures http://www.sftrf.fr/web/guest/accueil
latest report
Hells Bells wrote:
Frejus tunnel website has details of closures http://www.sftrf.fr/web/guest/accueil

Laughing Laughing I found that afterwards!
snow report
snowball wrote:
I know it is a bit late but next time: Turin airport is nearer.

Yeah, was unable to get a direct flight though. Our flight to Grenoble was around £100 return.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy