Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz to Prodains without liftpass?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, hopefully someone can answer a question that's been bothering me for a while. I'm going to Avoriaz next week, arriving after noon. I don't want to pay for a liftpass for that first part day but I would like to scrape the rust off.
Can I ski from my apartment in Avoriaz to the bottom of the Prodains gondola without having to take any other lifts? I know that I can get a pedestrian pass for less than 10 euros to get back up to the resort.
I can see the Crot blue run but the various piste maps that I have found are a little ambiguous and will, obviously, assume that I have a liftpass.
I'm worried about leading my group down into a valley with the only exit being a chairlift, for which we'll have no pass or an embarrassing hike Embarassed

Regards,
Phill
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ukformula, you can ski from Avoriaz to Prodains without taking any lifts. I can't think of any junctions where simply going further down results in any problems.

Are you sure they'll sell you a pedestrian pass when you'll so obviously have been skiing?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes you can ski down without taking any lift.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can ski all the way down from Avoriaz to Prodain down Le Crot without taking any other lifts, great run but a bit of a steep icy pitch just before the bottom can be carnage at the end of the day. Not sure what day your arriving but if it's a Saturday you can get a one day Avoriaz lift pass for just 26.5 euros which isn't too bad for an afternoons skiing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's great, thank you for the replies. I'm arriving on Monday and probably won't have my skis on until 1400hrs. I'm loathe to pay for an extra days pass as it takes the price from 158E to 190E.
Cheers,
Phill
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy