Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski & Boot rental in Ellmau (and lift pass)...sorry!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Really sorry...promise this will be last question for the 2012 season

It was answered in a prev post, but I have read and searched them all, but cant find it
We need to book skis & boots for a week in Ellmau. We want comfy boots (fed up of getting cr4ppy ones)
so, please could you advise whether to book with Skiset or Sport 2000 for Ellmau (or any other companies out there)

They are coming in at similar price. Sport 2000 offer a change in boot depending on which package you buy, where Ski set dont seem to change their boot photo (but they may offer better boots depending on packaga??)

Booked with Skiset before so can trust them. Never booked with sport 2000. Are they only in Ellmau or around all ski resorts. Please could you advise best company and best website to book through

Also, just to confirm, will the lift pass price in resort be pretty much the same price as I can get with Thomas Cook (approx £180 each) - should I book with T-Cook or when I get there? Will be skiing all day every day

thanks again....sorry to post mundane questions!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jon Ford, note that when you click the Sport 2000 link, you get a snowHeads code that gives an extra 5% off.

The other big network for getting discount on advance ski hire is Alpinresorts. Again, our SNOWBALL code will increase the discount to the max that they offer.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanksadmin, will quote up this week. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jon Ford, if you buy the lift pass in resort, the cost is 209.50 euros http://www.skiwelt.at/en/winter/normal-tariff.html . You should also be able to buy it on the transfer coach from Thomas Cook, at this price. Not much in it really, depending on exchange rates
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cathy wrote:
Jon Ford, if you buy the lift pass in resort, the cost is 209.50 euros http://www.skiwelt.at/en/winter/normal-tariff.html . You should also be able to buy it on the transfer coach from Thomas Cook, at this price. Not much in it really, depending on exchange rates

But if you buy it on the transfer coach, make sure you either pay in cash with euros, or you insist on them taking a card payment in euros. Otherwise you will almost certainly get stung with a worse exchange rate.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jon Ford wrote:
Never booked with Sport 2000. Are they only in Ellmau or around all ski resorts.

They are in most ski resorts. I think the only other shop with a presence in as many is Intersport.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all. Think will buy pass in resort as v similar price. Im sure tom cook rep could get us 2 if needbe. Will look into ski shops and weigh up prices over equipment. Thanks again
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Jon
I am going to Ellmau too at the end of the month and have been looking at ski hire prices.
For intermediate skis for me and hubby and skis and boots for my 2 lads (age 12 and 14), the best price I could get was from Schuh & Sport Profi Gunther at www.schuh.sport.at for a total of 193 euros. I couldnt understand the booking thing on their website so I emailed them for the price of what I wanted. I found them to be really helpful. I just priced skiset on their website and they wanted 90 euros each for the boys (unfortunatley they class any person over 11 an adult) and 60 euros each for me and hubby. We have (begrudginly) booked our holiday through crystal and for the same was going to cost £180.
just priced with fusch 2000 on the alpin one as mentioned above and they work out at 224 euros for the same thing (including my discount code used)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks polo99, will check out th link now
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
did you get booked with your ski and boot hire?
hmm i dunno why that link is taking you to betsport. or is it just me or has that link gone?
ive even checked the email and this is how they signed it:

Schuh- & Sport Profi GÜNTHER
Nina Gratt
Birkenweg 23, 6352 Ellmau, Tel: 0043 (0) 5358 2548
www.schuh.sport.at
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
they spelt their website wrong, they put a full stop instead of dash between schuh and sport
http://www.schuh-sport.at/de/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thanks polo99, havent booked yet, doing it today when wife gets back. Just pricing up the different shops, Ideally want the shop near our hotel. Think it is Skiset agent so prob book with them as not as far to walk back with then. Just want to make sure we get comfy boots.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Skis booked. Went through Alpine resorts and booked for the Sport 2000 shop - right by our hotel. Came to 240euro for 2 people for 4* skis, boots and damage/theft protection for the 6 days of skiing. Used the code SNOWBALL for 5% too!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy