Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
no hope in downhill and slalom I should say - we have some great freestylers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well just watched it on sky+, gave it the benefit of the doubt last weekend, when in St Anton, but this weeks SS was really poor. It hasn't moved on since the mid 80's, and it's even worse than last year!

Good coverage of the Wengen men's DH, albeit how did Graham Bell's Contour head cam change from black to silver as he pulled up at the bottom looking all out of breath, must have been going some to peel all the paint off it? Continuity!!

Speed skating from Nottingham, WTF?

30 second interview with Woodsy, ok but why not show more?

Old footage of Eiger climbing, seen in 10x before.

How the BBC can not do a magazine show about snow sports is beyond me, a birds eye view/ resort feature for 10-15 mins every week, freeride tour highlights, heliskiing in Canada/ Norway, off piste guide for major resorts, weather updates, anything has got to be better than the current banal drivel. rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Markymark29, your so right about other things they could cover ride guide used to be pretty good.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Especially when mike Douglas presented it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Markymark29 wrote:
Good coverage of the Wengen men's DH, albeit how did Graham Bell's Contour head cam change from black to silver as he pulled up at the bottom looking all out of breath, must have been going some to peel all the paint off it? Continuity!!

Good spot, last year he managed to change ski supplier mid run.

When he pulled up I thought he wasn't anywhere near knackered enough to have skied it top to bottom at high speed. Not surprising that they break it down into manageable chunks.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
He also pointed the camera at himself but the shot was forward facing. Just do it with a head / chest cam and some poles and stop the dramatics....

rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah agreed, all adds to the drama eh?

Next week it's the Hahnenkamm, we'll get all the GB stories from back in the day again eh? Eurosport much better coverage.

Good to see that Nevica is alive and kicking in Beeb world, haven't seen their gear for years. Wonder if Luhta and Rodeo also bid for the supply deal?
Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gbium wrote:
He also pointed the camera at himself but the shot was forward facing. Just do it with a head / chest cam and some poles and stop the dramatics....

rolling eyes

Agreed, no need for the cine camera! Would be good to see some shots from an onlookers POV though!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Markymark29 wrote:
Good to see that Nevica is alive and kicking in Beeb world...
They've toned down the branding from last year having been accused of product placement.

Nevica will be everywhere next season. Sports Direct will have 400 stores chock full of the stuff. Must admit, I had a look at one (not to buy, just pure interest) - it was a well put together jacket and pretty amazing VFM.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shame they couldn't colour match the zips though! wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I like Ski Sunday- wish they would stop showing so much of the downhill racing, woo they're going fast but its quite boring. I like to see the 'slower' more technical events such as slalom and GS!! I know you can watch that on the red button but I usually record the show so miss it altogether.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
is it me or what was that all about the 'eiger' what did that have to do with skiing??? a bit weird, and the piece about James Woods seemed to have been edited very strangely..... rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Eiger piece was a bit weird. An odd filler bit from footage they trotted out last year, and from before when they were doing that other show that ran along side SS. Shame they didn't fill that bit out with a longer piece on slopestyle/Woodsey. Ho hum, still better than a poke in the eye or another rehashed "Get Britains Talented Celebrities Dancing Strictly On Ice Out Of Here"...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
"Get Britains Talented Celebrities Dancing Strictly On Ice Out Of Here"...

I'd watch that! Gotta be better than "Splash" Laughing .
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hey that Nevica advert prompted me to pop in the loft yesterday - yup the Mrs retro-chic Nevica boots were there! In bloody good Nick too. Wonder if the Sports-direct ones are still made in europe?
ski holidays
In fairness I only want the racing coverage, but 10 minutes of 'other stuff' is not too obtrusive. Not everyone can get Eurosport so Ski Sunday is all we have.
ski holidays
It'd be good with one of the other channels picked up on this and did a snowsports show that was more freeride, freestyle and location based eh. Real shame that they thought the UK's first ski medal hopeful in many years only got 30 seconds. Snow Saturday eh?
snow conditions
Johan Clarey breaks downhill skiing speed record http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-sports/21125874

not another SH challenge ?
latest report
Quote:

Snow Saturday eh?

it'd end up on C4 or maybe 5 at 7:30am.

Enjoyed the Lauberhorn bit, but then there's a bit of bias going on there. That sH race we did there is still one of my most memorable bash moments.
ski holidays
Quote:

Johan Clarey

Everytime I hear his name, the expression "fisting Norman Lamont" enters my head. Am I alone?
snow report
Bode Swiller, yes.

I always think about his Fanny.
snow conditions
I suspect they just lifted the Woodsy footage from something done for BBC Breakfast a while ago - rather than new & interesting journalism - hence a bit cut & paste of a bit of "shout out" stuff they filmed with him.
ski holidays
fatbob, budget for the whole programme is about £3000 for all 6 episodes I think....... Confused
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
fatbob, budget for the whole programme is about £3000 for all 6 episodes I think....... Confused

Makes you wonder why they bother flying Ed Leigh over from NZ to present in person at races. He's presumably recorded all his VT last season (I know it's within the production co's budget (of which he's probably a co-director) not the Beeb)
snow conditions
fatbob, and he doesn't know how to wear a beanie, too old for a oversized one, needs to retire into a Pom Pom hat gracefully..... wink
snow conditions
maggi wrote:
Bode Swiller, yes.

I always think about his Fanny.

I refer you to my earlier post (on page 2 of this thread).... wink
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:

Ed Leigh has already been to Alaska, apparently he's "in" the USA next week. I can't really see a £3K budget paying for him and the camera/production crew for just those two trips, let alone whatever else it has cost for the other 4 programmes.
latest report
Dav, OK, was tongue in cheek, was making the point its low budget TV
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alastair Pink, woof! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Unfortunately low thought TV too, not just low budget. Ski Sunday, - climbing, speed skating. Nothing on Wengen as a ski resort, runs, lift pass, best bars etc would be a lot better than the aforementioned, and repeatable wherever they showed the competition from. A little on technique would not go amiss. Not rocket science, but easily done, with no discernable increase in budget.
snow report
Bode Swiller, I went in a Sports Direct at the weekend purely to test the Ski Warehouse store within a store demise of the British ski retail industry theory. Struggled to find a ski jacket, never mind a a mini store. eventually saw one of Grazdiggle's inaccessible on the top rack near the stairs. A Nevica bobble hat on the hats section mind.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy