Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
and now !7:10 FFS
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pushed to 5.10pm. Whats the guessing Ski Sunday is the programe cancelled to save disrupting the other, more mainstream programs later this evening?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Seen it all already on eurosport, oh and the skiing! Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
what you reckon another 5 mins delay and ski sunday will be shown at a later date rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lame, cancel flog it instead. It is showing as only a 20 minute show now too on my guide Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah i think its a gonner !maybe later tonight ? what a bunch of ********
How do they justify the budget and the effort for the show if they treat it like this ?
Could they not put it on BBC4 or something ?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or they chop off the last 5 or 10 minutes of the programme without warning as happened on one occasion last year as I recall...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IPlayer
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Now 5:10. Watch it get cancelled and shown late tonight. No different to Eurosport showing wall to wall tennis.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Enough chatting, snooker bods. Get on with the neige!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
immer schuss wrote:
Yeah i think its a gonner !maybe later tonight ? what a bunch of ********
How do they justify the budget and the effort for the show if they treat it like this ?
Could they not put it on BBC4 or something ?

^ +1

I mean now that analogue TV has shut down in the UK everyone has access to the Freeview channels, so it's not as if the Beeb is short of channels to broadcast it on! Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sod it Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
just thrown something at steve davies oops calm down its on..........
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote at the end of the snooker coverage "Snowy Sunday evenings were made for snooker!" NO THEY BLOODY WEREN'T, THEY WERE MADE FOR SNOWSPORTS!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
but why still show the BBC ads?
ski holidays
Finally..
ski holidays
Been cut to 20 mins by the looks of it though.....
ski holidays
Quote:

Shameless morons !!!

well, I was itching to get rid of the snooker too, but it's more popular than ski racing amongst the audience, I bet.
snow report
but why still show the BBC ads?
ski holidays
Phew!! They've cancelled 'Flog It'.
snow report
How can you take what is still the best snowsports magazine programme on TV and throw it away? Astonishing, truly astonishing... Breathtaking lack of imagination or endeavour. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
As mustdash says, the next programme scheduled is now Coast at 6pm, so it likes as if they're giving us the full edition without any cuts! Wonders will never cease...
ski holidays
... and J Clarey exceeds 100mph - first time this has happened on the Wengen DH (edit: or in fact any DH) Cool
snow report
Speed skating - WTF rolling eyes
snow report
Wow, normally only expect programming confusion like this from Eurosport. There must be some kind of broadcasters' pact, to f*** with snowsport lovers' minds. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
Well I enjoyed the Lauberhorn coverage. Excellent from Reichelt, I thought, lovely gliding control.

snowHead
ski holidays
Ahh woodsy, what a hero
latest report
And now climbing. They could rename the progamme? That said, I find the North Face of the Eiger scarily fascinating. I hate being in Grindelwald, and being overshadowed by it, it is so dark and spooky. Skullie
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon wrote:
Speed skating - WTF rolling eyes

Why not - wintersport GB has an Olympic medal chance in - better than alpine skiing?

(Obviously Woodsy & Jenny Jones are not alpine skiers)
ski holidays
At last they moved something for ski sunday,well done bbc wonders will never cease!!
I dont think they wanted the wrath of the snowheads !! Very Happy
snow conditions
hedley wrote:
Bloody Snooker Evil or Very Mad
I was quite glad coz I was putting my spuds on and missed (forgot Embarassed it was on). However, had to bob out to pick up OH and daughter so recorded it instead.
latest report
Oh and watched the Slalom on red button this lunchtime Toofy Grin
snow report
and Top Gear is back next Sunday at 8.00 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
what are the view figures for Ski Sunday ?
The issue of whether snooker is more popular does not hold with the licence fee being the same, and the BBC having other channels where it could air 'minority' sports.
latest report
I also noticed on the DH coverage the new Wixi chairlift with orange/yellowish weather canopies which has replaced the old 2 man chair this season. Smile
snow report
Speed Skating Sunday! Think they've lost the plot.
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:
... and J Clarey exceeds 100mph - first time this has happened on the Wengen DH (edit: or in fact any DH) Cool

Did anyone notice if he was accompanied by Fanny the Wonderdog....? Toofy Grin
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
Speed Skating Sunday! Think they've lost the plot.

Thinking about this; the programme is called Ski Sunday not Skate/Winter Sports Sunday. I struggle accepting snow boarding on Ski Sunday wink but ice skating? WTF Shocked

Mind you Amy Williams is very easy on the eye Toofy Grin
latest report
And my digibox missed half of it cos of the f**king shift.....
snow conditions
The programme probably has a wider appeal with a "winter sports" agenda rather than just skiing. For most viewers, watching downhill racers doing practically the same thing time after time within a few tenths of a second of the same time probably isn't that interesting. Yes, I know that's heresy round here, but we gave some good top world prospects in a range of other winter sports and not the slightest hope in skiing, and as the Olympics showed, people like that. I enjoyed the Lauberhorn very much (such a shame svindal crashed out; he was going like a bomb) but I enjoyed the rest too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy