Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Cenis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Do any snowHead 's have any info on this resort? I've just got back from the ski show and there are some bargain hols here.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IncogSkiSno, we went on our second ever ski-ing trip there in mid-March a few years ago, by that time it was suffering a bit from melting. There are two villages, the upper of the two (Lanslevillard(sp?)) has the ski school meeting point, more snow sure lifts and appeared a bit more lively. It's not on a big ski area but if you had a car there are a bunch of little resorts nearby you could try out.

It does feel French and villagey than other, Mrs H and I are divided on whether it is worth a second visit.

I know a few other snowHeads have been too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been (with snowball and others), on an offpiste ski trip last Jan. Great for that; however if you stick to the pisted runs it's good for beginners and intermediates mainly. Smaller area than the megaresorts, although you can get a five-day five-resort pass for everything in the valley. Passes much less expensive than megaresorts (€15-20/day). Quiet.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ian Hopkinson, Cedric, Ah thanks for the info. Is the resort picturesque? Ian, I guess that if you're contemplating a second visit it can't be that bad. snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IncogSkiSno, on the picturesque scale of ski resorts I would put it well ahead of Val Thorens, a little ahead of Westendorf and some way behind Saas Fee (but I think Saas Fee is exceptional). We were there when it was devoid of snow at resort level, which I think always reduces the picturesqueness level. As Cedric says, it is quiet. I'd see it as somewhere to try at half term, because it is one of the quieter places and it is pretty cheap. I think you'd also need to go at half term to get the best of the snow.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ian Hopkinson,
Quote:

I'd see it as somewhere to try at half term, because it is one of the quieter places and it is pretty cheap.
No, no, no, now that we have got rid of the kids, we can do these things on the cheap!!! Toofy Grin We found a deal that included 1/2 board accommodation, pass and ski hire for £325 and the breaks were flexible stay, so we could get a mid week flight with easy jet. Not that we can do it this season as we have booked up all our hols, but for another time, it sounds reasonable. snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'll post some photos tonight, they're on my hard drive at home.

Strike that, found them in an e-mail, I'll post them later today.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Here are some Val Cenis / Maurienne valley photos:
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/1197/cat/503

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/1196/cat/503

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/1195/cat/503
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
IncogSkiSno, We've been, had a lovely time. Not much for the advanced skier unless you get off piste....but with all the little resorts nearby there's lots of fun to be had and Bonneval up the valley is pretty snowsure. We went with Snowcoach who have a clubhotel in the lower village....they run a daily coach service with ski guiding so you get taken to the other resorts and I beleive they sometimes run a trip down to Orelle which has a link up over to Val Thorens. The Maurienne in general is an overlooked area, if you're planning a DIY trip and have a car it'd be worth basing youself further down the valley (Val C is a long way up) and you can day trip to loads of little resorts all of which are well worth a visit.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cedric, Thanks for the piccies. snowHead

homphomp, We are all Intermediates anyway, though if we can get good enough a little Off Piste would be fun. We wouold probably have a car so the exploring of other resorts would definately be on the cards. Thanks. snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
IncogSkiSno, Been there 7 time's so if you want any info send me a PM with your email address, will be able to forward as much info as you want.

Going back in Dec for a week, pre Xmas, and possibly again in March
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
srobbo, Ok, will do. Thanks snowHead
Quote:

Been there 7 time's
You're keen then Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well we had a week at VC last year and are going there for 6 weeks Jan-Feb this winter, for various reasons including skiing, so if anyone wants to meet up or anything feel free to send a note Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy