Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good intermediate runs in Alp D'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

I've booked a trip next month to alp d'huez (my first time there) so can anyone recommend any 'must ski' runs there? I class myself as an average intermediate skier, I'm happiest skiing challenging red runs / easy blacks although to be fair I tend to avoid black runs given the choice as I tend to regard these as 'potentially' for expert skiers only.

Thing is, this year it's going to be my only trip and on top of that I'll only be skiing half days since I have a couple of young kids and i'll be sharing the child care with the Mrs so really wanna get the most out of this trip ski wise.

Thanks in advance

Al
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You should check out the Sarenne and runs on the glacier if you get a nice day. The skiing is pretty straightforward for a black and it is a fun run with great views. Blasting down from the top of the Dome des Rousses through Montfrais down to La Villette is also great fun, esp if you catch it when there aren't too many people around
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agreed in decent snow only the very start of sarenne is challenging and it was well within reach of our whole mixed group, worth doing for the 'hey i did it' feel if nothing else Smile Also up that way the hermine and herpie were being left unpisted when we were there and were great fun in the fresh snow. Everything from signal d l'homme is a great fast cruise iirc and on the other side I'm pretty sure we went to oz a lot as we liked the tree lined run down to there - unfortunately I can't remember which one!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oooh 1000 posts Smile Only taken me 7 years NehNeh
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It was a long time ago when I was there, but I remember really enjoying the runs down to Oz and Vaujany. I never got the chance to do the Sarenne, so I'd like to go back to ADH one day.

Have a great time!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is lots of good stuff. The bowl immediately around ADH is great for beginners but does get a bit overcrowded so my recommendation is to head for one of the satellites and ski around them.

Runs down to Oz are great but can get icey if it hasn't snowed for a while. The runs down to Villard Reculas and around Auris are great. Auris can be deserted even when the rest of the resort is busy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the tips guys snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy