Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late December New Years flight prices

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trying to compare prices of using tour operator like esprit with booking separate flights and chalet. Have any of you booked flights for last weekend in December and if so how much do they cost. Looking at uk to chamberry or geneva.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mike-H, I don't think many flight operators will have prices yet - couldn't find one for BA and they do have flights on sale much earlier than the likes of easyJet. I find that with easyJet if you book within seconds of the flights going on sale you can get some good prices even for peak weeks, but they climb very rapidly. So the answer to your question is a piece of string. You could be speedy/lucky and get weekend returns for £120, you could pay £600. Cheaper for obscure dates than the standard weekend flights, though that can cause complications with accommodation. If you could find a chalet now which would be prepared to take you for non-standard dates (e.g. Tuesday/Tuesday) you shouldn't have problem finding suitable flights. I'd go for Geneva - there are far more flights and Chambery is unreliable in poor weather and can get horribly congested on peak weekends.

Christmas is cheaper and less crowded. Mid January is hugely cheaper, very quiet and with a far better chance of good snow. wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wife is a teacher and one child in school. I was hoping someone may have experience buying flights at that time of year. I agree about geneva. Great airport and a kids crèche which is ideal.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Wife is a teacher and one child in school

Mike-H, know the problem - daughter and son in law are both teachers. Sad I'd still go for Christmas though (Easter is late in 2014). There is a really marked difference, in French resorts (can't speak for others) between the Christmas week and the NY week. The latter is crazy busy and more expensive. We had a big party, mixed driving and flying, this Christmas and the flyers spent about £135 each return, including a modest bag, but that was booked fairly early, and was a mid week flight, Bournemouth to Geneva. There were a lot of fun events in the resort for Christmas but we stay in a satellite and as a huge landslide blocked the road for 6 days we didn't get to attend any of them with little kids who couldn't ski over the mountain! If you can fix it, family-wise, Christmas in a ski resort beats Christmas at home, hands down.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, I think Xmas ski hol would be lovely but we travel with another family and we think it would be unfair for grandparents to never see the kids at Xmas. We plan on skiing every year as we only get two windows of opportunity.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We got Easyjet flights for Christmas this year from Newcastle to Geneva (and back). The flight from Newcastle left at 17:30 on the 22nd and the flight from Geneva home left at 20:10 (ish). The return flights cost us £64.99 each, so £129.98 for the two of us.
We did book them shortly after the flights came out in April though
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

we think it would be unfair for grandparents to never see the kids at Xmas.

take them too. wink I spent Christmas looking after 2 year old and 9 month old grand-daughters, so daughter and son in law could go skiing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy