Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bought boots today?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How many of you bought boots today? How long did it take? What did it invole? What did you buy? How much did it cost? Who chose the model? Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very impressive use of 2 lines: 6 questions. The only thing I'm likely to buy today is a theatre ticket. Sorry.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Comon, I know your dying to share with snowheads, What did you get? Did it take long? etc etc NehNeh
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I bought a pair of Tecnica Diablo Fires. Took all of 2 minutes over the internet with no bootfitter required Laughing Cost was full whack, but couldn't be bothered travelling about and I need the boots in a hurry. I chose the model after research and recommendations from other owners.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good luck, mate. Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No luck required mate Wink After going through a self education on self bootfitting (5 pairs in 18 months!) I feel more capable of doing my own bootfitting than any bootfitter that has tried to get me into the right boot and failed miserably in the past.
I have a medium width, pretty square forefoot, medium height arch and medium width heel.
The last on the Diablo's feel to fit this foot shape pretty well, so I can really down size a lot to get that really snug feel everywhere on my low volume feet.
When I put the boots on my toes are cramped back slightly. When I flex forward my toes can straighten out but still brush the end of the liner. No wiggling toes about thanks. Been there done that with black toe nails and resultant loss of toe nail Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rockyrobin, some years back, when I was writing a lot about ski hardware, I was lucky enough to visit the Tecnica factory near Montebelluna. It's a company with a very sophisticated understanding of the foot, demonstrated by the way they model the inner boot around the last.

Although Tecnica became a pre-eminent brand in the 1990s it was not always thus. I remember them having very little presence during the decade or so that rear-entry dominated boot design.

If you go back to the 1970s Tecnica made naff quality boots, though they must have made a fortune from the Moon Boot (which I don't know if they invented, but certainly exploited brilliantly). Must admit I don't know much of their original history.

In 4-clip boots over the past decade or more they've often proven a great investment for those who bought a pair.

Agree with you about black toenail. To be avoided.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
[quote="rockyrobin"](5 pairs in 18 months!)[quote]

why ???? Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Goldsmith, I havn't seen that many people wearing the Diablo's, but like you say, those that have them certainly are pleased with them. In particular the flex charateristics of the boot is nigh on perfect for us Warren Smith technique fans.
I don't think I'll have the black toe nail problem again as my technique has come on leaps and bounds that I won't be back seating and rattling my toes against the roof of the shell while overpowering my edges.
If I get black toes again i'll know its my own fault for skiing like a beginner Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Avoid black toe nail by keeping forwards guys! Twisted Evil
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Renry, I bought boots that felt comfy in the shop. Few weeks skiing in them and the liners pack out and you have to start clamping the buckles down which stiffens the boot.
I only weigh 10 stone, so if the boots stiffen I struggle to get ankle flex and my skiing takes a nose dive.
I now would rather have boots that are a bit too tight/painful in the shop as I know that the pressure will ease as the boots are broken in. Its almost like a guessing game of imagining what the boots will be like when they start to pack out.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And keeping the big toenail trimmed back? I think that's the reason I got it - for the first time in over 40 years skiing, a few years back. Nasty.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rockyrobin wrote:
No luck required mate Wink After going through a self education on self bootfitting (5 pairs in 18 months!) I feel more capable of doing my own bootfitting than any bootfitter that has tried to get me into the right boot and failed miserably in the past.
I have a medium width, pretty square forefoot, medium height arch and medium width heel.
The last on the Diablo's feel to fit this foot shape pretty well, so I can really down size a lot to get that really snug feel everywhere on my low volume feet.
When I put the boots on my toes are cramped back slightly. When I flex forward my toes can straighten out but still brush the end of the liner. No wiggling toes about thanks. Been there done that with black toe nails and resultant loss of toe nail Sad

Well thats the way to do it, know one knows your feet better than you. In fact thats how we all pretty much end up doing it, only now i've been doing it for a good few years and have done it for near on 10,000 pairs of feet. Twisted Evil
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy