Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tentative talks on changes in teaching and qualifications in CSIA...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heard through the grape vine... thought some would be interested in the early talks of changes to be made in the CSIA.

It's very early doors and there has been a lot of objections by some of the more mature head honchos.

But considering the chat about how the ESF and French system works, and it's pros and cons, then this seems to be a step in the other direction.

The basis is on the difference on teaching ability and Skiing ability.

What has been proposed is that you could in theory be a level 2 Skier but level 4 Teacher.

A mix and match between Skiing level and Teaching level.

What they are saying is you could feasably be a fantastic teacher, but you don't need to be able to Ski to the very highest standard.

We all know about the ESF and the Eurotest... you don't need to be a fantastic fast Racer to be able to teach well. As is what is required to eventually qualify high with the ESF.

You can look at in many ways.... Tiger Woods is one of the best Golfers in the world, but still has a coach who can see flaws and correct him, but can't play as well as him.
Many Football Coaches have never played at the top, but know how to manage and coach the top players.
It happens in most sports....

So in theory, I can see where the CSIA are coming from. Obviously you will have to be able to ski to a good standard, but Instructing, Coaching and teaching can still be done by people with less physical skills to a very high standard.

Any thoughts....

For me it's a very proactive idea.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Redinkulous - think of the mass fatalaties that will occur if they let those non lycra gate gods loose on the learning public - think of the safety!!!!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spud, I used to swim competitively, our club coach was superb, gained many trophies for the club through his superb coaching, put people into the National team.

He couldn't swim!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great idea, but I've been flamed before in BZK for saying so. (Should this be in BZK?)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pedantica, Probably Toofy Grin Just been looking at the French qualifications thing. The Test Technique that is mandatory to work in the Kermit pond is a slalom the Eurotest is a GS. The TT is tough but with a wider margin to pass than the Euro. So to teach independently in France it's L4/ISTD+TT+Eurotest. Got to appreciate the hard work the brits who do this have put in to get there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman wrote:
spud, I used to swim competitively, our club coach was superb, gained many trophies for the club through his superb coaching, put people into the National team.

He couldn't swim!

Precisely the point i feel. will be interesting to see how it pans out.

To become ISIA, it will still be the usual qualifications though.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque, TT only required to be a stagiere. It's not required if you are FEMPS qualifiied (already hold EMS, EST and whatever else your home country deems necessary). Most Brits don't bother with TT. They train/work outside France and only go there once fully qualified.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
slikedges, labyrinthine systems rolling eyes

This gives an insight to a gap course;

http://vimeo.com/user1496231/french-ski-instructor-course
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy