Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

which cruisy runs are a must do on the ski welt and best places to eat

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Jon Ford, I think what you are referring to is a symbol for the webcam - the view from which can be seen on here: http://www1.wilderkaiser.info/en/livecam.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clarky999 wrote:
Jon Ford, you can ski to/from Westendorf in under an hour.

That rater depends on how fast you ski, and what type of runs you are comfortable with.

I'm not at all sure I could reach Westendorf in an hour from getting on the funicular in Ellmau.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try the rübezahl alm on the run down to elmau, I think it is the oldest restaurant in the ski welt, it is beautiful old wood construction and the wooden chandelier over the open fire place is gorgeous. Go in even just for a coffee to see this place.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
deerman, I dont think its a webcam.nits an icon of a black video camera. The webcams have different icons. The icon is just below chair lift 66 v close to gondola 60 in between ellmau and soll. If you click on the camera it just says skimovie highlights. If it was a webcam, when youclick on it it takes you to the video footage
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wakkitt wrote:
Try the rübezahl alm on the run down to elmau

Commonly know as the Ribshack - on account of the massive rack of ribs they do. Usually about a foot long with another section 4-6". €12 IIRC this season with fries. Can get busy, so plan for an early or late lunch as you wish.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't fancy a webcam.nits Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jon Ford, when in the Ski Welt recently, staying in Westendorf, we tried to ski down to all 9 villages and managed.... 3.

No doubt clarky999, is technically right if you ski fast and know the area but we dillyied and dallyied, got lost, had lunch etc etc and Westendorf, Brixen, Ellmau and back was a full day out - and a good one.

On another day we tried to go to Soll and ended up in Hopfgarten, only realising this when we saw a sign saying 'Wilkommen (sp) to Hopfgarten' at the lift station. Also a good day!

Good thing is if that you do get lost/stranded a cab/bus is always a cheap and easy option in the Ski Welt
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alex_heney wrote:
clarky999 wrote:
Jon Ford, you can ski to/from Westendorf in under an hour.

That rater depends on how fast you ski, and what type of runs you are comfortable with.

I'm not at all sure I could reach Westendorf in an hour from getting on the funicular in Ellmau.

Well, yeah, though I don't think I'm a particularly fast skier most of the time. Easily, easily doable in a day anyway though.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jon Ford, your video camera icon is (via http://www.easier.com/108548-why-the-skiwelt-is-the-top-choice-for-2012-13.html)

Quote:
Over in Scheffau the Ski Movie route allows you to film your personal ski video, a camera clocks you as you pass through the gate and a moving camera follows you down the track with applause sound-effects as you cross the finishing line! If you ever wonder how fast you actually ski, head to the timed speed run, pass through the gate and find out your skiing speed.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
alex_heney, actually not that hard if you want to do it and have planned your route in advance! I've done it quickly by downloading from Hochbrixen and then saving me legs for the fun over on Choralpe

Blue 97b or Red 97 to the Köglbahn chair lift- Red or Blue 99 to the Tanzboden lift - Drop down into the Scheffau bowl and take the Eiberg chair (either of them) the down to the Muldenbahn then down the long nice blue 2a to Hochbrixen! I'd leave out the Red 1b down into Brixen as it kills my knees, but then they are totally knackered even before I put skis on! Laughing

With no queues and no faffing, doable in an hour to the bottom of the SkiWeltbahn!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Samerberg Sue, Yes, I wasn't thinking of downloading frm Hochbrixen, but if I did that, then I might be able to make it.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks all. When I said ski over to westndf from ellmau I hadnt planned to ski down into any other villages, just pass over top of soll into westndf. I skiid 1950 les arcs tobelle plagne and back comfortably in a day last season and im sure thats further. Butwe were straight on the lifts outside hotel, not like ellmau where we have to grab bus to train/gondola. I may do a day over yhere. How much is a bus there or a taxi
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jon Ford, I have given you the most direct route using the least number of lifts to get to the bottom of Westendorf. From Ellmau you have to pass through the upper terrain of Scheffau. You do not need to go to Söll unless you want to catch the Postbus. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Samerberg Sue, looks like a nice trip. Looking forward to exploring the area.2 more sleeps till airport hotel. Treated myself to new sallopettes......too good a deal not too
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You can always take the post bus back to ellmau from soll. it leaves from behind the whiskey mule bar and I believe the roundabout by the Salvenstadle costs 3.20 euro and takes 15 min. Goes about once per hour but tourist info will give you a time table. I have done it twice from ellmau to soll the last time two weeks ago. Agree about the home run to Scheffau, take blue from top and then the red at the very bottom. This home run from ellmau has a great bar just after the half way point, but keep your head down when entering. ellmau to soll takes about 1hour.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy