Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BCA Tracker 2 £125 NEW

Poster: A snowHead
Megamum,

I think you are making two slight errors:

1) you are assuming people went into dangerous situations without the requisite kit - they may simply have been on piste aad are only now deciding to venture off once they have acquired the correct kit

2) only a real dummy thinks that buying avi kit will save themselves - it's all for other people (other than the 'send' function on the transceiver and that's more of a hope than a given). We buy it primarily to save others not ourselves and trust they are returning the favour Madeye-Smiley .

The real safety part of backcountry survival is common sense backed with training - no amount of kit is going to save you if a 300 ton avalance lands directly on you. Avoiding it starting, however, will.

Boosterfaceman, I'm pretty sure that's only 'in-country' - they don't do f/x risk
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RattytheSnowRat, I thought there may be a catch.

Anyway, I ended up picking one up for myself. Delivered in two days. Haven't started venturing off piste yet, except the odd turn around a piste marker. It's something I'll definitely want to do in future so no harm in acquiring the kit now, especially at that price.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This deal has now expired, shame as I was interested but didn;t have spare funds
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nbt, Probably still too expensive, but www.snowshepherd.co.uk offer a discount to snowHeads and other snowsports clubs and don't charge postage on orders over £99.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Au vieux Campeur but France delivery only (I bought in Sallanches but available in Albertville and Paris & others also). I rang ahead to Sallanches to check they had stock and they put one to one side.

http://www.auvieuxcampeur.fr/hiver/securite/arva/tracker-2.html

Also tracker 1 and Float 22 at amazing prices.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Decathlon are still doing good UK mail order prices on Arva Evo 3. Bought one for minichamcham with 240 probe and spade for less than £190. It seems that, now he has the gear, he's overtaken me in skiing skill... Mad wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some pretty good package (tranceiver + shovel + probe) deals at Blue Tomato although not as cheap as they were before Christmas when I bought mine.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Iski, rolling eyes thanks for the mention

The original offer via Ekosport or who ever, was a bit of a one off due to some reputed things happening in France I am not in a position to say why this happened but I am pretty sure that it will not happen again, however at the end of the day it enabled quite a few people to buy this transceiver at a very low price. Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
^
That's not fair !! Are French regulations about to mandate some transceiver standards that the Tracker 2 doesn't comply with (e.g. multiple burial modes) ... I'm intrigued now. I wonder if anyone else is at liberty to say ? Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
moffatross, Laughing Laughing

Nothing to do with the transceivers they should be fine, its more to do with the companies in France and what went on!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
livetoski wrote:
Iski, rolling eyes thanks for the mention

The original offer via Ekosport or who ever, was a bit of a one off due to some reputed things happening in France I am not in a position to say why this happened but I am pretty sure that it will not happen again, however at the end of the day it enabled quite a few people to buy this transceiver at a very low price. Shocked

The other background that has come out after the fact so to speak is that Tracker 3 is late to market (having been I think expected this 2012/13) season and now slated for 2013/14) and Float airbags didn't seem to be making headway against ABS, Snowpulse/Mammut. Then K2 bought BCA . Was this because BCA was in difficulty not seeing a likely return on invested R&D on the Tracker 3 , along with too much inventory in the "channel" ? Was the French pricing strategy a last ditch attempt to clear stock and create some cash from existing inventory before the bankers turned nasty? Did K2 ride to their rescue ( cf Black Diamond purchase of Pieps after Pieps Vector 1 year late due to supposed software issues?) as a "friendly" owner?

All this is merely speculation based on observation BTW. I am sure an expert will be along to dissuade me where I am wrong. What does seem likely is that BCA product wont be as cheap next year post the K2 purchase!

PS I do always try and support local and national purveyors of product, up to around 10% differential but after that it gets difficult.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
livetoski, well, I'm glad that whatever went on, went on and whatever went on can go on as often as it wants to go on as far as I'm concerned. Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
moffatross, Very Happy
mishmash,
Your right on one part the Tracker 3 will be pretty expensive suggested retail is looking like its going to be £329
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chamcham, the arva evo3 is available in my local decathlong for £165 I think - certainly well under £200. Still more than I can afford to spend at the moment
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anybody got hints on where to get a good value Tracker 2 (perhaps as a bundle). Actually need 2 hence price important !
ski holidays
alti - dude wrote:
Anybody got hints on where to get a good value Tracker 2 (perhaps as a bundle). Actually need 2 hence price important !

PM Livetoski
snow report
spyderjon, Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy