Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow this weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
Mosha Marc, Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Any other smug gits out there that fitted winter tyres a few weeks ago Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel

Yes and going to try them on white stuff in a bit. Passed the green lane-ing (or is that green laning) test last weekend. Only a little 207 but I was proud Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, and was one of the few to make it in to the office this morning with no problems at all, apart from all the plonkers without winter tyres driving at about 5mph. They should be shot if they can't be ar sed to get proper tyres.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
In Camden, decent amount of wind and getting a decent amount of snow. Probably about 3/4" on the pavements.
My lovely employer is letting people go home fairly early in anticipation of travel chaos.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mosha Marc, Laughing Laughing

Must be about 7-8cm in here in Berkshire....working from home does have advantages Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
zanarchist wrote:

My lovely employer is letting people go home fairly early in anticipation of travel chaos.

You a teacher ?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nah mate. I work in IT Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
zanarchist, Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
about 10cm here now - probably nearing 15.

Schools not closing but saying parents can pick up and those who have a key and are at high school are being sent home.

Got mine home now. Garden looking lovely.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shimmy Alcott, where is here ?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Working from home as very heavy snow in Birmingham, airport has just closed but supposed to be reopening about 3 PM. Lot of schools closed (never happened in my day) and roads apparently chaotic.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Shimmy Alcott, that's odd, we've only got about 2-3 cm here so far and it's stopped Sad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chasseur wrote:
Mosha Marc, Laughing Laughing

Must be about 7-8cm in here in Berkshire....working from home does have advantages Toofy Grin

Where about's in Berkshire?
Got to go go home to Bracknell from Ruislip and been told Ascot has about 5" now... Confused
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sarah, at 7am there was virtually nothing but it has snowed quite heavily and steadily since then - slowed right down now though; the forecast had that right, then re-starting later.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BigMacB93, a little further East from Bracknell....M4 is a bit of a mare apparently. People been abandoning cars in Windsor Laughing Probably way too many rear-wheel drive Mercs and BMs rolling eyes

No immediate signs of it abating.
snow conditions
Chasseur wrote:
BigMacB93, a little further East from Bracknell....M4 is a bit of a mare apparently. People been abandoning cars in Windsor Laughing Probably way too many rear-wheel drive Mercs and BMs rolling eyes

No immediate signs of it abating.

Great! Sad

Manager is out, and Assistant Manager is worried about letting people home early.
Everyone else lives within 10 min drive so its alright for them.
Not due to leave until 5:00pm.

Im thinking M25 and M3, anyone been on either road in the past couple of hours?
snow conditions
BigMacB93, maybe you should ask them what the H&S policy says about expecting employees to drive in the dark on packed snow/ice in sub zero temperatures - moral/legal position. Seriously - AA roadwatch has severe incident levels on practically every road in Berkshire - no idea how up to date that is, but the SO just came in and reckons its carnage.
latest report
Birmingham Airport now closed until 6 PM at least.
snow conditions
Birmingham Airport now closed until 6 PM at least.
snow report
Corky, keep us updated. wink
snow conditions
laundryman, Laughing
ski holidays
BigMacB93, I did it the other way M3 M25 and they were both fine.
snow report
wam15 wrote:
BigMacB93, I did it the other way M3 M25 and they were both fine.

Yes, managed to get away at 2:45 and got home at 3:30 so normal commute time actually.
M25 and M3 were both good condition, very wet but no slush, or visible ice. Also very few cars were on the moterway. Second I got off M3 though... Well that's another story. But home safe and sound, and I wish everyone else safe journeys home. Smile
latest report
Finally got to use salopettes to walk into village (here in snowy Glos I mean, not the Alps unfortunately) . Proper powder too Toofy Grin
latest report
laundryman, Just got a bit excited both because its snowing and the fact that the new helmet I ordered on t'internet has been despatched. Not arrived yet though, probably the snow. Very Happy
snow conditions
Bus got stuck just up the road from my house this evening, half blocking the road. Gave all the numpties a chance to display their (lack of) snow driving skills Laughing Take a look:

https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/500/snow.mov

The hill is NOT very steep. and there is less than an inch of snow on the admittedly unsalted road. Laughing
snow conditions
Waitrose lorry stuck outside work this morning - gradient must be about 1 in 100. Unbelievable.
latest report
We had a massive amount of snowfall this afternoon. (There must be nearly an inch in some places.) Unfortunately the gritters got to the main roads before the snow, so the roads are clear. Took me 90 minutes to drive 15 miles into Belfast due to all the gimps driving about at 6 MPH. When I had the audacity to pass a few of them on the outside lane of clear dual carriageway, much flashing of lights and waving of fists occurred in my mirrors.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
'We had a massive amount of snowfall this afternoon. (There must be nearly an inch in some places.)'

Blimey, you're easily pleased snowHead snowHead
snow report
Thornyhill wrote:
... When I had the audacity to pass a few of them on the outside lane of clear dual carriageway, much flashing of lights and waving of fists occurred in my mirrors.

Yes, can anyone explain to me the mentality that possesses people to do this? What's it to them? Surely Thornyhill isn't causing them any inconvenience?
ski holidays
Had some donkey overtake me on a snow covered country road going 60 mph last night. Saw lights behind me getting closer and closer...no slowing down no indicating straight around me ( I was doing 40).

I then watched as he struggled to keep control, skidded, rolled and went into a ditch. Had to help him out- luckily the windscreen was out. He was ok but was he appreciative that I stopped, that I rang the police. No.

Probably as he'd had a drink! Some people are muppets. Mad
ski holidays
A lot of my mates and ex staff / ops are working round the clock to keep the motorways clear. I was never on the main winter rota but I'm still rather glad that I left the industry on Friday afternoon just as the bad weather hit Blush
snow report
slikedges wrote:
Thornyhill wrote:
... When I had the audacity to pass a few of them on the outside lane of clear dual carriageway, much flashing of lights and waving of fists occurred in my mirrors.

Yes, can anyone explain to me the mentality that possesses people to do this? What's it to them? Surely Thornyhill isn't causing them any inconvenience?

I think I may have sprayed some of the water on the road onto their windscreen. My bad!!
snow report
Scarpa wrote:
......I'm still rather glad that I left the industry on Friday afternoon just as the bad weather hit Blush

You got a plan for the future, or are you happy enough to run round the house punching the air screaming 'Happy days' at the top of your voice every time you hear a traffic report?
snow conditions
Thornyhill wrote:
slikedges wrote:
Thornyhill wrote:

I think I may have sprayed some of the water on the road onto their windscreen. My bad!!

And their wipers were broken? They must get jolly tired flashing their lights and waving their fists on motorways in the rain.
latest report
We had approx 10 cm of snow on Friday and it is now snowing again (Surrey). snowHead
snow report
Thornyhill, I'm going skiing and climbing all winter Cool
snow conditions
Smokin Joe wrote:
I think it's the second front which will bring the heavier snow.

Beware the second front! Looks like you "by the angel" are being promised 15cm tonight and you're sending it on to us. bring it on....
latest report
I'm not sure where the other thread about this went...

Anyway, Uni of Bath campus on Friday:

http://youtube.com/v/fh3NifbmvtA

Sadly not me as I have neither skills nor equipment and was having an essay crisis.
latest report
northampton today......http://m.youtube.com/user/InfiniteImagesvideo?feature=guide#/watch?v=gcCr4jbE1o4
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy