Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling all Sainte Foy regulars - where to go for a day out?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I am taking a couple of friends to Sainte Foy for a long weekends snowboarding at the end of January. I have been half a dozen times before with the family but have never strayed from the resort as it has everything me and my family need.

We are all of a decent level, not experts by any stretch of the imagination but will be comfortable on all the lift served off piste Sainte Foy has to offer so if the snow is good we will be sorted for the 5 days but if its not we may need to venture further afield for a couple of days. We have a hire car so Tignes, Val d'isere, La Rosiere, La Plagne, Les Arcs are all a possibilities.
Which resort is closest by car?
Not into queues for lifts, huge wide featureless piste's, drag lifts, snow parks
Like - tree runs, quiet slopes, safe and easily accessible off piste,
With this in mind where would you fellow Snowheads recommend we went for the day.

One final thing, anyone know if and when the Super U and Intermarche in Bourg are open till on Saturday and Sunday? The Sherpa in SF is good but a bit pricey and we don't want to waste valuable slope time stopping at Bourg on the way from Geneva on Saturday morning.

Cheers

Phil
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Intermarche opening hours http://www.intermarche.com/magasin_infos_pratiques/sa-bovami-bourg-saint-maurice-73700

La Rosiere, I believe is closest strictly speaking, though accessing Les Arcs via the funicular from Bourg is very easy.
There is plenty of tree runs and accessible off piste Les Arcs. Don't know about La Rosierre.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Surely accessing Les Arcs via Villaroger is quickest - it can't be much more than 5km from Ste Foy to the lift
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Villaroger is closest for sure, straight into Les Arcs. You can go to La Ferme for food or après too, just make sure you've got a designated driver.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
qwertyuiop7, what Spyderman, says Villaroger followed by La Ferme Very Happy

Super U opens early I think on a Saturday maybe 7 am but could be 8am someone will be along soon who knows
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Its really down to perference really , Villaroger is close but with 3 slow lifts getting you into the action , but being an owner visiting 4/5 times a season my fav day out is straight to Tignes Les Brev , the gondala takes you straight into the ski circuit in mins and you can finish off with Sacha at the end of the day , the drive from the station to les brev is just as quick as Villaroger , end of Jan both will be quiet . Re La Ros not as close as you may think 30 mins by car and average skiing compare to Val/Tignes , Les Arcs .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy