Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need to join a group Feb 23/24th or March 2nd/3rd.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I would like to get away for a ski/board week departing 23rd 24th Feb or 2nd 3rd Mar.
Glasgow or Edinburgh airport preferred but willing to travel to Newcastle or Manchester.
Not fussed about country or resort.
1 male / 1 female both 42 years old. Not a couple though, but would share a twin room.

Cheers, James
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I might be interested for departure weekend 23/24 Feb. Female, 38yrs good intermediate skier. I'd also want to fly from Glasgow but I've organised various groups and it's easy enough to arrange flights from various regional airports and meet out there even within the one package deal.
I'm away in a week but will be looking to get booked in early Feb so I'll keep an eye on this thread.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi James. I am a 36 year old male thinking about heading away late Feb / early March for a week and am looking for a group as my better half hates the snow and my little boy is still a bit young. Not bothered about the location as long as there is plenty of snow but hoping to fly from Glasgow or Edinburgh. Boarded on previous holidays but plan to ski this winter, intermediate probably best describes my ability! Any joy so far finding a group or are you thinking of forming your own group? Regards Martin.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm 56, live up North of Inverness and am looking to team up in some way (see my post here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=96350#2202900)

I'm not married to the date in that post (2nd Mar) but for that week I would be travelling from Gatwick. For the earlier week I could travel from Inverness or could drive down to Glasgow/Edinburgh.

Also not married to Verbier but do want somewhere that has decent off-piste (assuming I can still do it!)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
People wanting to ski at that time and not fussed about country should think about avoiding France, as it's school holidays and will be busy.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hi - looking for female room share on 23/24 feb, possibly 3 vallies/espace killy - already one couple and three girls !!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It looks like I am going to go for March 2nd or 3rd. Plan is to book through a travel agent and get as good a deal as possible or get no frills flight and apartment rental through owners direct, homelidays or similar web sites.
Easyjet do glasgow to Geneva.
Jet2 do Edinburgh to chambery.
Ryanair do prestwick to Barcelona/reus ( for andorra, this would require car hire, I have done it loads of times, its easily done )
If we can get 4 people it would make it easier and cheaper as most apartment holidays are based on 4sharing. Also if renting and car hire are the option it would work out cheaper for everyone. Or it may be possible to get airport transfers to resort, private or shared.
If anyone wants to search around and find something suitable, do that. Post back here or PM any of the other people in the thread. I will also keep looking and post back any interesting finds.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It looks like I am going to go for March 2nd or 3rd. Plan is to book through a travel agent and get as good a deal as possible or get no frills flight and apartment rental through owners direct, homelidays or similar web sites.
Easyjet do glasgow to Geneva.
Jet2 do Edinburgh to chambery.
Ryanair do prestwick to Barcelona/reus ( for andorra, this would require car hire, I have done it loads of times, its easily done )
If we can get 4 people it would make it easier and cheaper as most apartment holidays are based on 4sharing. Also if renting and car hire are the option it would work out cheaper for everyone. Or it may be possible to get airport transfers to resort, private or shared.
If anyone wants to search around and find something suitable, do that. Post back here or PM any of the other people in the thread. I will also keep looking and post back any interesting finds.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
elcottero, as you haven't decided yet on the resort, what type (piste/off-piste) and level of skiing are you looking for? I am specifically looking to go somehwere with challenging piste and a good range of off-piste.

Also I will be down south the week before and after this so would be travelling from Gatwick. However, shouldn't be a problem to meet up at airport or resort.

I have already researched Verbier a little and have found a range of apartments (generally lower than the main resort but access by bubble is available from lower down) in the region of about £250 - £320 per person for 4 person apartments. Small ones!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
MadMountainMan wrote:

I have already researched Verbier a little and have found a range of apartments (generally lower than the main resort but access by bubble is available from lower down) in the region of about £250 - £320 per person for 4 person apartments. Small ones!

At those kind of costs for rental alone it would be far better to do it through a travel company. A quick look at ThomsonSki website will cost £400-£450 roughly speaking, for a week self catering, even flying from Glasgow which is always more expensive.

Those prices are for French resorts such as Les Deux Alpes, La Plagne.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah that's the problem with Verbier - a tad on the expensive side. But I've never skied there before and since word is that it has fantastic off-piste, that's why I want to go. It's also why, at least if I go out solo, I'm looking to stay in the bunker; just £30 a night for bed (well communal bunk actually), breakfast and evening meal. Which is really not bad for such an expensive resort, though not to everyone's taste (well most people's probably).
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Did you get something organised?
I am back home and looking to get another ski trip organised for weekend departing 23/24 Feb. I'll be looking for a Glasgow or Edinburgh departure although I have no difficulty arranging a group with people flying from a range of regional airports.

My plan is to see if there are any other groups forming in the next couple of days and if not I'll probably make a new post on here and try to organise another group myself.

I'll be looking for a big ski area, with a leaning towards Italy it Austria to avoid the French school hols, though if there happens to be a good French deal I wouldn't rule it out. Cervinia is appealing at the moment but I'll keep my options open.

I am a good intermediate skier, female late 30s.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm in Verbier 23 Feb for a week, in a one bedroom apartment. Bedroom has a double bed, and a bunk bed. plus what looks to be a comfy sofa bed, not the lumpy pull out kind. It's just me and my two girls 10 and 11, they ski blacks and double blacks, and I try to keep up...

Anyway, would have room for one more in the apartment, 4 minute walk to the lift, in Haute-Nendaz, total rent was 750 EUR for the week...

would have to be a female though...otherwise it just seems to weird iykwim.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy