Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Forum Holy Moly on the piste

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Tignes in January and only have a 2012 Forum Holy Moly as my one and only board. I've used it in Castleford a load and it's great there but I'm not sure how it'll be on the piste. It has a hybrid camber type thing going on but I've read a load of varying reports on how this board performs on pistes.

Will I be limited to certain parts of the resort and miss out on loads or will I be ok with this board? Should I think about hiring an all-mountain board whilst I'm out there?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Willburt,

Nope, you will need a wide all mountain double rocker snowboard for All-Mountain, something at least 300000mm underfoot. I think John Colliers do one called the Iron Board, its radical man! wink wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

something at least 300000mm underfoot.

Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timbobaggins wrote:
Willburt,

Nope, you will need a wide all mountain double rocker snowboard for All-Mountain, something at least 300000mm underfoot. I think John Colliers do one called the Iron Board, its radical man! wink wink

Thanks? I'm not sure if you forgot the sarcasm tags or this is real advice in the form of a joke?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's real advice. There's no material difference between Castleford and 'a piste', plus snowboards are basically all the same. Everything will be fine.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Willburt,

I am not rising to the bait. I thought this was a wind up, but having googled Forum Holy Moly i found this site, which says it is suitable for all mountain.

http://www.backcountry.com/forum-holy-moly-snowboard

As a first post you haven't introduced yourself and at the moment there is a discussion on here re all mountain ski's and suitable width underfoot, hence why i thought you may be a spoofer wink

Otherwise welcome
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah cool Smile Thanks for the help. Yeah I kind of waded straight in without saying hello first so, hello all.

I'm really into the Holy Moly but I've read and heard a lot of people hating it. I think the turned up edges on the nose and tail ("Buttercup tech" in the marketing babble) freaks people out a little. It does mean that it is a little harder to dig the edges in on ice but I'm hoping for not too much of that ice stuff in Tignes at this time of year.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Willburt, Get it waxed and edged and just ride it. If you'd seen some of the shite I slid on years ago rolling eyes One forum board peeled the forum logo out of the bottom of the board . . . they used to be laser cut and glued into the base as a separate piece of p-tex They did it for cheapness . . . don't worry, they're better now Toofy Grin

Just go have fun, there's no such thing as the 'wrong board'.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Willburt,

No probs, by the way don't know how old you are but John Colliers used to be a clothes shop back in the day, shows my age.

PS i know naff all about snowboarding as i ski, and i know even less about skis Shocked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy