Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Must Have Tiroler Grostl

Poster: A snowHead
Wurstgröstl - liking the sound of that also yum yum. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sah wrote:
wallyynot wrote:
Will have to give the RodelAlm a visit while I'm there.

Whats the best route to get to it from St Christoph please.

Ski down Steisbachtal (Happy Valley, run no. 4) from the top of the St Christophe chairlift, then take the Mattunbahn up to Gampen, then ski down Fang (24) towards Nasserein, it's on your left after about 200m. You might be able to access it from the blue run too, not sure where those runs cross. I think it's marked on the piste map these days, but it didn't used to be. If it's not it's still easy to find because it's at the top of the Rodelbahn, which is marked.

Thanks sah, even i will be able to find it with those directions brilliant Little Angel
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Samerberg Sue, Very Happy Not you again stalking me.dont you give ever give up? Are you somekind of reject English feminist kindergarten school teacher who has found refuge in an Austria celler? Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 11-01-13 15:54; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
wallyynot, Best TG is at Hotel Maiensee in St Christoph, ski until you cross the road by the lift station and its facing you on the right. Also best pizzas. Other great place for TG is Griabli. Proper ski food. wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Popcorn anyone?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Markymark29, should find it as I'm staying in St Christoph Laughing

Where is Griabli ? Puzzled
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I could absolutely smash one right now. Can't see me finding one on Teesside tho' Crying or Very sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton, LMAA sunshine!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
wallyynot, directly opposite Mooserwirt as you drop into St Anton. Forgot, Sennhutte also does a mean TG (about 300m before Mooserwirt/ Griabli on right). Enjoy! Also av permitting if you are OK off piste a must do run is the main drop from top to bottom under the St Christoph lift. Be careful though its av 3 and you need to have tranceiver, shovel and probe. Great route down, better than piste #8. Also great drop offs down Maienwasen off #8 suggest a guide, perhaps Torben. Can PM you his details?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
wallyynot wrote:
sah wrote:
wallyynot wrote:
Will have to give the RodelAlm a visit while I'm there.

Whats the best route to get to it from St Christoph please.

Ski down Steisbachtal (Happy Valley, run no. 4) from the top of the St Christophe chairlift, then take the Mattunbahn up to Gampen, then ski down Fang (24) towards Nasserein, it's on your left after about 200m. You might be able to access it from the blue run too, not sure where those runs cross. I think it's marked on the piste map these days, but it didn't used to be. If it's not it's still easy to find because it's at the top of the Rodelbahn, which is marked.

Thanks sah, even i will be able to find it with those directions brilliant Little Angel

Actually, it might be slightly lower down than that, but if you keep following Fang towards Nasserein you'll find it. It is sort of tucked behind trees as you approach from uphill, but it's easy to spot if you go past it.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, mmm, going to look for one in Garforth shortly!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

suggest a guide, perhaps Torben. Can PM you his details?

Markymark29, Are you on commission? If not you should be. Happy

The run to St Christophe, does it have a local name? I've seen plenty of tracks down there, not sure if I've actually done it.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sah, Ha, Laughing not at all, just keen to see him pick up business and do well now he's with his own company, he's a good guy who cares about his clients when skiing and the environment etc. he's opened my eyes to opportunities in the Arlberg, snow/ av spotting etc and its well worth skiing with him.

Dont know if its got a name, we just ski that run pretty regularly and its a great one, deep rolling powder at the bottom, quite steep at the top. Good picnic opportunities about lunchtime too, far from the crowds, great place and so accessible.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Markymark29,

Please could you post Torben's contact details. Does he do groups of individuals?

Sometimes I can't get into the Piste to Powder groups because I only try to book into their groups after I have checked out the snow conditions.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Markymark29 wrote:
wallyynot, directly opposite Mooserwirt as you drop into St Anton. Forgot, Sennhutte also does a mean TG (about 300m before Mooserwirt/ Griabli on right). Enjoy! Also av permitting if you are OK off piste a must do run is the main drop from top to bottom under the St Christoph lift. Be careful though its av 3 and you need to have tranceiver, shovel and probe. Great route down, better than piste #8. Also great drop offs down Maienwasen off #8 suggest a guide, perhaps Torben. Can PM you his details?

Markymark29, the way my knees are at the moment I'll be glad to be able to do a Green/Blue run. Keep the Off Piste runs to the young and you experts.

I need a stop every two runs to see if my knee is still in a straight line, and a little Hot Chocolate with something from the Hip Flask Laughing
snow conditions
welshflyer, He's contactable here on SH, his name is Torbs, or via

http://www.skiadventure.eu/

Yes he does groups, 340€ for the day, so if you have 4+ in your group it works well.
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
sah, Ha, Laughing not at all, just keen to see him pick up business and do well now he's with his own company, he's a good guy who cares about his clients when skiing and the environment etc. he's opened my eyes to opportunities in the Arlberg, snow/ av spotting etc and its well worth skiing with him.

Dont know if its got a name, we just ski that run pretty regularly and its a great one, deep rolling powder at the bottom, quite steep at the top. Good picnic opportunities about lunchtime too, far from the crowds, great place and so accessible.

Yep, would love to have a day out with him. Looks unlikely this time though, my chums are not up to serious o/p and I can't afford to hire him on my own, plus for a short trip I'm doing next week it would be a bit rude to bugg3r off and leave my mates for a day Sad One of the reasons I like P2P is that I can turn up on my own and get a day's guiding for about a 1/3rd of the private rate, but they get so booked up these days even that is not guaranteed.

All that said, the snow looks like it might be epic by the end of the week... such a temptation. Although I bet he's already booked up.

Are there many trees on that St Christophe run? I.e. would it work in poor weather? Will take a look sometime.
snow conditions
sah, no trees at all, not really a bad weather run but that said we did it in the near dark (stupid I know) at Xmas. I'm there 2-9Feb and now 1-10 March ( was going to be Schruns but we've had a rethink), if you're about either we are guiding with him. Have a great long weekend, snow should be brilliant, big dump next week.
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
sah, no trees at all, not really a bad weather run but that said we did it in the near dark (stupid I know) at Xmas. I'm there 2-9Feb and now 1-10 March ( was going to be Schruns but we've had a rethink), if you're about either we are guiding with him. Have a great long weekend, snow should be brilliant, big dump next week.

Ha ha, am also revising my Schruns plans (it just looks too low...), probably will be in the Arlberg instead but the week after you in March, arriving on the 9th.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy