Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arriving on a snowtrain... (And leaving on one too)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Assuming one can't get into ones accommodation first thing after arriving into BSM on a train, what's the plan?

Taxi up the valley to Peisey (where we'll be staying). Presumably this'll be about 9am (unless we go on thevsnowtrain, in which case it'll be about 7:30am!). So if you can't get in - is there somewhere to eat, change etc or do you need to do it on the train?

And coming home - you have a similar issue - where can you leave your bags?

Ta!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
andy from embsay, where exactly are you staying - there's a big difference between Peisey and Plan-peisey if you're tonking luggage around. I have found though that often the appt buildings have a place for left luggage (at your risk) - but I'm not aware of having had any issues - you could then 'car park change' and get out and go skiing. if you're on the early shift then I would look to breakfast in BSM as I can't think of that many places that would be open at that time of day for some brekkie. Bar Mont Blanc opens from 08:45 but only appears to do lunch

On the way home I've done the same in reverse then get down to Bourg and go for dinner at one of the places near the station - there used to be a decent restaurant over the road, which catered well to 'brits returning on the eurostar' on saturday night.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andy from embsay, What's your accommodation? Ask them. We stayed in Peisey-Nancroix and travelled by train. Catered chalet. They had a spare room at the chalet for this eventuality.
Arrived at chalet, dump all gear in spare room and hit the slopes. Get an extra day skiing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're staying in Peisey - near the bottom of the lobster pots. I have asked the accommodation people so tht might be ok (in fact i'd be surprised if they won't let us leave stuff there when we arrive), but it's more about the day we leave. I guess if the worst comes to the worst we could change on the train going home.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andy from embsay, we were at the bottom of the lobster pots. I think the chalet was called Chalet Mika and it was through Ski Hiver. It's about 10 years ago mind. There were no problems at either end of the holiday with leaving stuff
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andy from embsay, Unfortunately that's what we did last winer. Changed on the train and the same on the way back.
I sort of expected this so we only had trousers and socks to change.
We rented "private" apartment in Mottaret through agency and they barely had space in their little office for our luggage.
I guess it won't be a problem in chalets or big apartment blocks or in some resorts (like Val Thorens) where they have luggage storage with showers.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi bertie bassett,
Whats the name of the restaurant you mention? Am doing the snowtrain in a couple of weeks, with the late saturday return

Thanks
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On arriving at BSM on the Sat before Xmas we had late lunch at Le Tonnau, (go out of the station and through the bus park and you are there, there are also other eating places next to it) recommended by someone on here before we left, dish of the day was roast chicken at about 11 euros. It was far too much for me but fortunately others in the party helped out Smile Others had lasagne's and tartiflette, everyone was happy with the food.

On the way back a week later we had another lovely lunch at a restaurant opposite the town hall, Le Bon Coin (steaks, burgers and mousakka) there was a market going on too. In that general area there were plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from. Le Bon Coin is over the main road from the front station entrance and up a road, an easy short walk.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mcloke wrote:
Hi bertie bassett,
Whats the name of the restaurant you mention? Am doing the snowtrain in a couple of weeks, with the late saturday return

Thanks

Sorry can't remember - but as you stand with your back to the main entrance of the train station, facing the N90 road, it was pretty much opposite - if you put you're right hand out and go that way there are 3-4 places (inc. pizza) on a raise terrace, all of which seemed pretty resonsable

Post the question here - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=91244&highlight= and you'll probably get more detailed answers.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Will do - thanks! And thanks for the detailed review above too

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 11-01-13 18:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think we'll end up going for the via Paris option both ways - takes a wee bit longer but going down the Eurostar arrives almost TOO early - whereas the Paris train seems to get in about 8am, after at least some sleep, hopefully. And going home I don't want to be too knackered as we'v still got to get from That London to Up North when we get back.

Unless of course it's screamingly expensive and we just get a flight from Leeds to Chambery! Love the idea of 8 days skiing though...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
probably bazoom as thats directly opposite the station
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy