Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello all

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Snowheads,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I just checked and have seen that I've been lurking for over 2 years, reading many funny anecdotes and top tips, it's been very entertaining Very Happy

I promise not make any posts about:
Snow tyres
Helmets (though I am considering getting one)
or Skiing in Scotland (though I keep flirting with the idea)
... at least not yet.

About me, I live in Northants, in the middle of nowhere anyone's heard of. I've skiied quite a bit now over the last 30 years (gulp!) and should be a lot better than I am. Mrs Womble also skies (better than me) and Womble Junior at 4 and a bit hasn't quite made the slopes yet, though we have a plan for that over the next New Year. Of course when I say plan... I mean a framework ... or perhaps just the edges of a general idea.

Anyway, that's it for now, I thought it was about time to say hello!

Womble
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
womble, Welcome

perhaps the place for you to take Womble Jnr ought to be somewhere like Bansko to meet his uncle. Or is it his Great Uncle.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
womble, Welcome to Snowheads! snowHead
As regards Womble Junior, if you're in Northants I suppose Xscape at Milton Keynes or the Snowcentre at Hemel Hempstead isn't too far - have you thought about an introduction to sliding on snow at one of those venues?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
womble wrote:
Hello Snowheads,

Hello!

womble wrote:

I promise not make any posts about:
Snow tyres
Helmets (though I am considering getting one)
or Skiing in Scotland (though I keep flirting with the idea)
... at least not yet.

Snow Tyres : use them all year round. There's only a couple of months in the UK where the temps are high enough to be outside the optimum range.
Helmets : you've only got one head, protect it. The evidence is there to support that assertion.
Skiing in Scotland: Do it.. if nothing else it'll mean you'll be comfortable skiing in the Alps when it's a white-out and everyone else is in the bar.

There.. I've saved you the bother Wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
welcome Womble (note my location on the side bar......)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wecome to snowHead womble, further to what Alastair Pink, says above if you check the 'Snow Events' thread occasionally, you'll notice that there are occasional meet ups arranged in the indoor fridges. I've attended a few of these at Tamworth (my local one), Milton Keynes, Hemel Hempstead and the Chill Factor in Manchester. All the snowHead I've met are a friendly bunch, and you'd be welcome to join us if you're up for it. It may even inspire you to maybe even go on a 'Bash' sometime; another snowHead experience I'd heartily recommend....
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair Pink wrote:
womble, Welcome to Snowheads! snowHead
As regards Womble Junior, if you're in Northants I suppose Xscape at Milton Keynes or the Snowcentre at Hemel Hempstead isn't too far - have you thought about an introduction to sliding on snow at one of those venues?

Yes; in fact he's already been to a kiddie sledging party at Xscape at MK and also the Tamworth Centre is within an hour as well (if it's still open). But it's definetely worth a go to see what he thinks.

Cheers,
Womble
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
womble, hello! Welcome! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
womble, welcome to snowHead

(used to live by Wimbledon common. Never did see any wombles)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
womble, Guarded welcome . . . lives underground, in Wimbledon, covered in fur . . . might need to get Inspector Goldloony to vet this one wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hello Womble !

I too have been lurking and finally joined this week ! Fear I may be in the minority though as I am a cross country enthuisiast who does not get on with planks or plaster casts though Mr M looks very graceful on his and the tiny mushers are coming along nicely Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hello mrs_musher and womble
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy