Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Ski insurers are increasingly recommending that policyholders wear ski helmets."

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
UK Road Traffic Act makes it an offence to wear a helmet while driving on an open public road. (to not encourage road racing). so they cant force then in there

Helmets not compulsary caving either, although youd be an idiot not to wear one purely cos even after 40 years of caving I still whomp my head on ceiling accasionally. And where do you attach your light to? and how do you bail a sump if you didnt bring buckets

But agreed, it should be persons choice not mandated. I'm all for the stupid dying before breeding age
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
--

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 11-01-13 0:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Sure, some of it may be 'paying for a name' but not all helmets are created equally.

That might be the case, but I'd wager that the vast majority of the huge range of prices is down to label, styling, etc and not standards. Is there is any reliable and objective evidence that a Sweet helmet does a better job of protecting your head than a Lidl one?

I was very glad I was wearing one (Decathlon, bright green, half price in end of season sale) when I had a crash yesterday and if I'd been wearing my snowboarding armoured knickers I probably wouldn't be sitting here with a suspected fractured pelvis. When I mend I will continue to wear a helmet but I won't wear the armoured knickers skiing. Some decisions are easier than others.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spud9, 'I pretty much accept that it's safer to ski (or indeed cycle) while wearing a helmet. But by the same token it's also safer to do just about any activity while wearing a helmet. Where do we draw the line?'

Apologies if this is covered earlier, I've skim read but not spotted.

One thing perhaps worth bearing in mind is - certainly in UK law - the question of contributory negligence when assessing quantum of damages.

Were you to be knocked off your bike while not wearing a cycling helmet, and to suffer a head injury, and then to sue the person who knocked you off, any damages you might be awarded might be reduced as as result of your contributory negligence in cycling without a helmet. This a relatively recent development but one to bear in mind.

Re walking, I don't think it has yet reached the point where not wearing a helmet by walking is negligent - there aren't helmets designed for the purpose etc - but walking while drunk would certainly fall within those parameters and, given the way that the civil law proceeds, by analogy and extension, and rarely retreats, it wouldn't surprise me if it went that way eventually...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
not wearing a helmet *while* walking
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy