Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booked for Ellmau! where best to buy lift passes for ski welt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks for all your help and advice on where to book and we have finally booked to go to Ellmau. In hindsight I wish I hadnt left it till last minute though! we are going on 26 January. I have been looking at booking my ski hire with Schuh- & Sport Profi GÜNTHER as they came up with a great price for us. for 2 adults premium ski hire and 2 children boot and ski hire it was only 194 euros which I thought was a great price. Does anyone have any thoughts on this who knows the shop etc?
Is the best place to order the lift passes from the ski welt website? for 2 adults and 2 children (12 and 14) it is coming out at 629 euros.

We are staying at the Fusch apartments and I cant wait! does anyone know if there are any webcams for Ellmau?
Karen
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
polo99, http://www.skiwelt.at/en/winter/webcams.html Have a look around here for info across the SkiWelt.
Cant comment on the ski hire,though it looks pretty competitive? Just be sure you actually get premium adult skis. There are a couple of localish s/heads who may know of the shop you mention.
No real need to order passes,unless you really want to...or there is some sort of offer on there? Just go to the local pass office(prob at the main uplift),take the kids passports,job done.Easy as can be. Just beware that,if you are on a transfer coach,they will offer passes "cos its more convenient" wink Its not,and you will most likely get scammed on the exchange rate!
Have a great time.Lots of excellent skiing up top,and loads of good value resto's.Treat the kids to hot choc and cream at least one a day Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowskisnow, is there a lift pass office in Ellmau itself, or is it at the Hartkaiser? Just asking (I don't know the answer!) because it may be more convenient if they want to ski the Astberg area first, or have lessons with the Hartkaiser ski school and can't get to the lift office the day before.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, there is a lift pass hut in Ellmau, by the slopes. Also selling ski lessons.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've bought a lift pass from the town centre - just up the hill from 'Bar Memory' - I can't remember whether it was in the Tourist Information Office or a dedicated lift pass sales place but I think it was in the Tourist Office
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes the tourist office just up from memory bar in the main street, or the hartkaiserbahn or the button lift at the nursery slopes.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowskisnow, thanks for the links to the webcams. no there is no offer but dont worry i wont be buying them from the tour op. do you know if we need photos? oh just realised the passports are to prove the age of the kids lol. does anyone know of the location of the Fusch apartments?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
polo99, we got our lift passes from the TO Crystal, same price as in resort and saves you the trek wink you would only get stitched up on the exchange rate possibly, or you just pay in euros!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hammerite wrote:
snowskisnow, is there a lift pass office in Ellmau itself, or is it at the Hartkaiser? Just asking (I don't know the answer!) because it may be more convenient if they want to ski the Astberg area first, or have lessons with the Hartkaiser ski school and can't get to the lift office the day before.

There is a ticket office at the Astberg lift as well (that is where I bought mine when I stayed just outside Going).

I think there are ticket offices at all the main base lifts - but I'm not sure there are at the nursery slopes.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Incidentally, the ticket offices take Visa (and probably other cards).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cathy, JohnHSmith, alex_heney, very good. I did the same as feefee, and got them bought to me by the rep.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
if i work out the lift passes for our family they work out at £520 getting them from the lift pass office. Crystals prices are £50 more than that.

Can anyone also tell me how often and crowded the ski buses are? how busy do you think w/c 26 th jan will be? Ive checked the timetable of school holidays and picked our week to not coincide with other school holidays.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We were there during a busy time so the morning bus was quite packed. Although the very first bus was quieter. We skied back in the afternoons so didn't worry about a bus then.

I would imagine it would be a bit quieter when you go so wouldn't be a problem.

Check how much Crystal are charging for lift pass on the bus (they may charge less than the advanced booking price). If it's the same as the lift office you may as well get them to do the running about.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy