Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance for Ski Holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking to book a ski holiday for April next season. However I have just tried to get an online quote for insurance from LV to (after putting lots of details in), got back a message saying they don't cover insurance for holidays over 1yr away. Can anybody recommend any where which will let me insure for a holiday next year now?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try your bank, even better if you already have any other insurance with them as you can often get an add on or even a discount.
Depending on how often you go away it might even be worth upgrading your account, I pay something like £7 a month for my account and get a better mortgage rate and 42 days cover including winter sports as well as various deals on white goods etc.... The individual holiday policies alone dwarf the £84 a year the account costs me.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My bank only offers quotes for trips within the next year as week. Though I can phone them up, and ask a human. We only go abroad once a year and if we do a second holiday it will be to hubbies grandparents caravan as that is free.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Did you ring up LV? It might just be they only insure holidays within the year online to stop people buying the wrong dates in error.

I can thoroughly recommend LV as I had to make a claim after cancelling a ski holiday a couple of days before departure. I sent off the paperwork and rang them a few days later just to check they had received it through the post, only to be told the claim had already been approved and I should receive full payment (less excess) within the next week. I early fell off my chair. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sno trax wrote:
I early fell off my chair. Very Happy Very Happy

Shocked Shocked

Thank goodness you didn't, think that counts as off piste, and presumably you had no guide with you so wouldn't be covered!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Still no joy phoned them up and same story can't do it more than 1yr in advance. If any body does know of any one who will please shout.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can you not buy insurance closer to the time? In fact where can you even book for next season? whichever website/company you're booking through may be able to offer you insurance, usually an extra £20 or so for a week
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nope already phoned and asked them as well. I can do but if I can get insurance now I would rather. That way should something happen between now and when I take insurance and end up needing to cancel I am covered.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Suspect you'll have more trouble than it's worth. Pretty common in the travel industry to not allow things more than a year in advance.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy