Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

European off-piste tour January and February?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I am on gardening leave from my job and have a lot of time. Daytime TV is just not doing it for me.

Does anyone want to go skiing?

I would like to find someone like minded, of similar skiing level and to share travel/accommodation costs, and dig me out of an avalanche if it comes to that.

Skiing type: Advanced to expert and off-piste whenever conditions are good, preferable accessed by ski-lift (but can skin/hike if it is worthwhile)
When: Jan and/or Feb - I am free - as soon as more snow is forecast then I would like to go. Might be best to avoid half-term weeks - due to cost/crowds.
Where: France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy. France probably best if driving, maybe Italy if flying.
Transport: I can drive from London (I have a small estate car); alternatively can fly somewhere and rent a car
Accommodation: don't care - just needs to be cheap and convenient. Can find somewhere when get there easily enough, in low/mid season.
Guides: Happy to share if can find a small group, but I tend to find it too expensive between just two. Can join ski-club leaders on advanced days.
How long: undecided

I'll try and do everything as cheaply as possibly but realistically I guess it could cost about £100/day for fuel/tolls/accommodation/lift passes/meals. More if use guides.

Would like to find someone who is a good skier, has own ski/safety equipment and isn't too fussy about accommodation.

alternatively I'd be happy to join an existing group, or share a package deal.

I am a bloke, late-30s.

send me a message if interested.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
elbrus55,

Can't present myself as a potential partner in crime, but if you find someone suitable to play with or just decide to head out on your own, I'm in Tignes for 4 weeks from Sunday with the OH and could probably provide a bed / bunk and someone to ride with if you pass through the Haute Savoie.

Not a solution for you, but seemed churlish not to offer.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
elbrus55, I'm in the same boat (might even be the same firm LOL). Am doing several weeks in Feb / March in snowheads own Flangesax's place in Austria (Austrian Adventures). I have a car and climbing /off piste skiing kit so would be happy to meet up and grab a few adventures.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
update;

scarpa/zammo - thanks for suggestions/offers.

I briefly interrupted my Sooty viewing (it is still on!) to book a cheapo last minute chalet package to Val D leaving tomorrow for a week. There's a little bit of snow forecast. I will hopefully find someone to ski with by going along to the ski club GB meeting point; or in the chalet.

Message me if you are in town and want to meet up.

elbrus55
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@elbrus
I would be interested in some off piste/white powder adventures late Feb.
Ski level is anywhere on the mountain really. Done a lot of off piste in St Anton, and could recomend. I prefer BB accom, keeps the cost down-its the snow that matters!
Am male, 44, have safety equipment.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy