Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St. Anton lifts and shuttle buses

Poster: A snowHead
My friends and I will be skiing in St. Anton for the first time in early March. We're staying in Nassarein right by the Nassarienbahn lift. If we end up somewhere else at the end of the day or want to get to the Rendl area, how difficult is it go get around St. Anton? Does the ski shuttle run all day? Does it run often enough not to be a pain to deal with?

Also, what is the best way to get to Lech and other neighboring ski areas? I understand there is some sort of a shuttle running there, but also heard it mentioned that sometimes it's overcrowded, so wanted to check with the experts Smile.

Thank you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
buses round resort are pretty good every 20 minutes or so i think and will go from rendl to town to nasserein. they run super late too up to 12 or so at night so thats quite good. To be fair even walking from the town centre to nasserein isn't too much hassle once you've had a few beers and there are also taxi's too which you can take through the evening if you can't be bothered to wait for a bus.

getting to lech involves skiing over the top into Stuben and then take the Lech bus. Its quite crowded at the end of the day I think and I remember making sure we didn't get the bus just as the lift closed because it got very busy. I think also if you take the bus in Zurs I think its quieter but someone else should give you better advice on that!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A group of 6 of us would tend to get taxis back when we ended up in St Anton but then again you're in a far better location in Nasserein than we were, was only a couple of euros per head if the bus was full or not about.

Not sure I'd fancy walking from St Anton to Naserrien in my ski boots, and gear but not too bad with normal footware and/or a skinfull Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alternative way to Lech is to get the pay bus all the way from the St Anton bus station. Very roughly €5 each way, IIRC.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
alenchic wrote:

Also, what is the best way to get to Lech and other neighboring ski areas? I understand there is some sort of a shuttle running there, but also heard it mentioned that sometimes it's overcrowded, so wanted to check with the experts Smile.

Take the free bus Number 3 from Alpe Rauz (it is in the end of piste 17) to Zurs and Lech.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
alenchic, If you're coming back from Lech late afternoon make sure you get the free bus the stop before the town centre bus stop in Lech. It's a bun fight.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you! Do the buses from Lech stop running after the lifts close?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alenchic, An alternative way of getting to Lech or Zurs is to get the No. 92 bus service from the St Anton West Bus Terminal (just near to the Rendlbahn). It departs from Bay F and costs 4.10 Euros each way, but getting onto it at the start at the Bus Terminal means that you're almost guaranteed a seat. wink Departure times are 08:40, 09:10, 9:40 etc. . Last week a group of us used this service to get to Zürs, where we got off at the Zürs Seekopfbahn to start the "Weisse Ring" ski circuit (highly recommended by the way, it takes in Zürs, Zug, OberLech, Lech and back to Zürs). When we'd skied the circuit back to Zürs we caught the same bus service back to St Anton - afternoon return times from Zürs Postamt were 15:16, 16:16, 17:16 etc.

Edit: My Bus Timetable says that the last No.92 bus from Zürs back to St Anton is at 20:16 (or at 20:06 if you're catching it in Lech).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you, this is so helpful! The Weisse Ring circuit sounds fun. How long did it take you to complete? I will have a not-too-fast intermediate in my group...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
alenchic, Our group caught the 09:10 bus from St Anton West Bus Terminal, got off at the Zürs Seekopfbahn 9:38. We also had a not too fast early intermediate in our group, so we had a warm up run down the blue 18 from the top of the Seekopfbahn down to the bottom, then went up again and started the "Weisse Ring" circuit. With a mid morning chocolate stop and a lunch stop we were back at Zürs a little after 3pm. There is a good description of how to do the "Weisse Ring" circuit by welshflyer on this thread: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2182934&highlight=weisse+ring#2182934 As welshflyer says, you can use either the Zürsersee or the Seekopf chairlifts to start from Zürs as they both go to the Seekopf summit.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
alenchic,

The Buses between St Anton Am Alrberg and Lech are the local Post Bus service which you pay for, if going to lech get a return ticket from the bus driver in the morning on the way to Lech, on the return journey if there is a crowd waiting for the bus, position yourself where the back of the bus will stop, so you can load your skis onto the ski rack first and then head for the door. Show your return ticket and you should be OK.

If you want to be really well prepared here is the link to the Post Bus timetable search page...

http://www.postbus.at/en/index.jsp

The buses between Stuben and Lech are ski buses and free with your lift pass.

Enjoy!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
At ther end of the day the last buses from the centre of St Anton back to Nasserein (the number 4) leaves the West Bus Terminal at 1800 hours. I always catch this bus or an earlier one because I wouldn't want to walk the length of St Anton in ski boots carrying my skis.

If you're by the Nasserein Gondola you can also use the bus between St Anton and St Jacob (the number 2), the last one leaves the West Bus Terminal at 1825 hours.

My big tip for skiing in Zurs & Lech is get a group of up to 8 people and use taxis which if full will be almost as cheap as using the No 92 bus. Using taxis you're not waiting in crowded queues in the cold and fighting to get on and off the bus, if indeed you get on in the first place. Forget trying to use the free blue buses because you need to know where they go and are even more crowded.

I have given a very detailed description of the Weisse Ring in another thread. I'll see if I can find it.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
welshflyer wrote:

I have given a very detailed description of the Weisse Ring in another thread. I'll see if I can find it.

I already linked to it! (see my post above) wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alastair Pink,

Cheers I didn't notice your link and the subject wasn't obvious.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thank you guys! If it's not too much trouble,could you please give me an idea as to how much a taxi ride would cost to Zurs/Lech and how long it takes? I am assuming that taxis there do take skis? There will be just 3 of us there, so we can all fit in one cab, I think.
ski holidays
P.S. There will be three of us girls there, and I am pretty sure my friends would not be crazy about the idea of fighting to get on an off the bus... I didn't realize that the bus situation there was so dire.
snow report
alenchic, When we were in Zürs we did (for interest) check on what a taxi back to St Anton would cost - it was 45 Euros (one way), so in the end we waited about 15 mins and took the No. 92 bus back (4.10 Euros per person).
snow report
All of the taxis are minibuses that take a maximum of 8 passengers. 7 more comfortably. Yes skis go in the ski rack on the back of the minibus.

A taxi should cost approximately €48 one way from St Anton to Zurs. Lech is further away from St Anton that's why you start the Weiss Ring from Zurs going clockwise to Zug, Oberlech, Lech and back to Zurs. When you get back to Zurs go into one of the nice hotel bars order yourself a well earned gluhwein and a taxi for your trip back to St Anton.

The bus queue could be OK but if it's busy it can be a bun fight.

Somewhere on the St Anton website there might be the local bus timetables:-

http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/st-anton/informationen/travel-getting-here-2.html
snow conditions
Bus timetables:-

http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/winter/service-info/transport-timetables.html
ski holidays
In St Anton the night bus also stops at the Nassereinbahn.
http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/images/stories/pdf-dateien/fahrplaene-so-wi/winter2012-13/stanton/liniennetzplan_st_anton.pdf

It costs €3.50 and takes less than 5 minutes from terminal west.
http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/images/stories/pdf-dateien/fahrplaene-so-wi/winter2012-13/stanton/nachtbus_st_jakob.pdf
snow report
Dont use the Taxis. They are unmetered and a Rip Off.

There are free ski buses everywhere & if you miss them the nightbus costs 3,50 Euros. Even if your out in Pettneu or Flirsch it only cost 3,20 on the Postbus .

in anycase you can easily walk from St Anton to Nasserein even in Ski boots.

There are Free buses to get you to Lech & Zurs,

Please do not use the Taxis.
ski holidays
James the Last wrote:
Alternative way to Lech is to get the pay bus all the way from the St Anton bus station. Very roughly €5 each way, IIRC.

€6 return a few weeks ago:-)
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
alenchic, An alternative way of getting to Lech or Zurs is to get the No. 92 bus service from the St Anton West Bus Terminal (just near to the Rendlbahn). It departs from Bay F and costs 4.10 Euros each way, but getting onto it at the start at the Bus Terminal means that you're almost guaranteed a seat. wink Departure times are 08:40, 09:10, 9:40 etc. . Last week a group of us used this service to get to Zürs, where we got off at the Zürs Seekopfbahn to start the "Weisse Ring" ski circuit (highly recommended by the way, it takes in Zürs, Zug, OberLech, Lech and back to Zürs). When we'd skied the circuit back to Zürs we caught the same bus service back to St Anton - afternoon return times from Zürs Postamt were 15:16, 16:16, 17:16 etc.

Edit: My Bus Timetable says that the last No.92 bus from Zürs back to St Anton is at 20:16 (or at 20:06 if you're catching it in Lech).

Yep, it goes from F, even though the departure board might say different... nearly ended up in Pettneu the other week... And it seems the driver isn't too fussed about putting the number or the destination on the front either, so do check!
snow report
stanton wrote:
Dont use the Taxis. They are unmetered and a Rip Off.

There are free ski buses everywhere & if you miss them the nightbus costs 3,50 Euros. Even if your out in Pettneu or Flirsch it only cost 3,20 on the Postbus .

in anycase you can easily walk from St Anton to Nasserein even in Ski boots.

There are Free buses to get you to Lech & Zurs,

Please do not use the Taxis.

Staying up in Nasserein next week, need to get from the train station up the hill after 18:00. It will probably end up costing around 15 €uros for less than 2 miles (2.5 km) Evil or Very Mad Even Dick Turpin wore a mask.
ski holidays
Don't know what's so hard about the blue buses. I went over to Lech/Zurs a few times at Easter and never had a problem getting the blue bus back from the bridge in Lech to Alpe Rauz in time for last chair. Admittedly it's not the most interesting run if you're just doing (un)Happy Valley back (though quite amusing hearing a competitive dad trying to bully young Toby down it in a fog out).
ski holidays
fatbob wrote:
Don't know what's so hard about the blue buses. I went over to Lech/Zurs a few times at Easter and never had a problem getting the blue bus back from the bridge in Lech to Alpe Rauz in time for last chair. Admittedly it's not the most interesting run if you're just doing (un)Happy Valley back (though quite amusing hearing a competitive dad trying to bully young Toby down it in a fog out).

getting the bus from Lech is a good plan; there can be a bit of a crowd in Zuers for the later buses.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy