Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

best excursions in skiwelt?

Poster: A snowHead
Yes, another post for me but (1) its nit snow related and (2) don't think its been asked before and may help people going Skiwelt. What r yhe excursions like in Skiwelt. I'm staying in ellmau do ideally want excursions from there, but happy to get them from soll etc. The reason I ask is that we have done skidoos a dew times. Lapland was amazing, but the other 2 times were v poor. So I don't want to pay out if its not v good. We will prob do a sleigh ride but would like to do o ther activities too. Can anyone recommend the best. Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Night skiing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We won a quiz with our TO in Ellmau where the prize was a sleigh ride. I didn't go on it though as it only had room for the women and children, they seemed to have fun though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks. Deff want to so night skiing. Have done it in les arcs, but doesn't look half as fun as soll. Do they still have all the terrain/jump park lit up with a Dj (saw that on a u tbe vid). Deff do a sleigh ride too....keep my wife happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jon Ford, There's a really long toboggan run in Ellmau, our friends did it and said it was excellent, really fast and good fun, it's 5 euros for the toboggan for as many goes as you want, you go up the chairlift towards Going, it's also floodlight and open until 2am Skullie
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hammerite wrote:
We won a quiz with our TO in Ellmau where the prize was a sleigh ride

2nd prize, 2 sleigh rides...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Heres a video of me doing the Soll night skiing run, the run is the left hand run as you look at the map

http://youtube.com/v/nyjhHpg_JPI

Theres another run parallel on the right side of the map and a small slope going up the small hill opposite.

Once you get to the mid station (where the video ends) if you go to the right you can ski down to the bottom of the gondola making a considerable run
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks again. daveqpr, will view vid tonight as phone internet is limited usage. Will be up forvthe tobogan too.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snow tubing in Ellmau. They did it on one or two evenings each week. Apparently has a high risk of injury but no injuries in our group. For those who haven't done it, you basically sit in a giant inflated innertube and slide down a prepared, banked course, spinning round as you go. If you hold on to the feet of someone in the tube in front, and someone behind you holds on to your feet, you can make a chain. That's even more fun, but I suspect it is where it starts to get more risky as you get some extra momentum when you fly round the corners
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There's a toboggan run at Soll and I think one heading into Going (wasn't open when we were there) too.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks again. Will deff try night skiing, sleigh.tubing and toboganng. Going to be a busy (and dangerous apres ski week).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I bet there are plenty of hutte near you which offer dinner and a toboggan ride to the bottom of the hill as post-dining entertainment.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
zammo, it's all in Ellmau right on his doorstep wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sounds good. Can anyone confirm if the snow park is open/lit up for nught skiing. Saw a video of it open with a dj playing and spot lights going. Was this a 1 off. Also, cannu confirm mif you have to pay 4 night skiing. In les arcs it was included in pass but only had 1 run open. Is the skiwelt nught skiing bug and better. Not going to pay 20 odd euros if its just a couple of runs I can easily do in the day. Deff doing the tobaggan at 1am though. Fair dos, I love talking about and planning ski hols....way much better than a beach
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jon Ford, +1 for the night skiing in Soll.
snow report
Hi. Here is my ski vid from last weeks trip to the Skiwelt
http://youtube.com/v/2sMy_W_syMg
snow report
That is one of the best films I've seen put together - Chapeau M.Ford!

BTW one little query - are you sure you were in Austria as everyone knows it is too low for snow! wink Laughing snowHead
snow report
thanks Samerberg Sue, I know, I had to pinch myself. The video was filmed on the 2 days it wasnt hammering down with snow. Hard week of skiing for us "cruisers" but a great holiday overall...just picked up next years brochure for new ideas...dont worry, I wont be posting thousands of questions this time!
ski holidays
Jon Ford, take a look at Sportwelt Amadé as well as it would suit your type of cruising. I think some of the Tour Operators include St Johann-Alpendorf (Crystal I think) and Wagrain. The hotel in Alpendorf is ski-in/ski out as well! wink
ski holidays
thanks Samerberg Sue, just looked into it. Looks nice!
ski holidays
Jon Ford, great movie. I was in that Igloo bar above Brixen last week too! Hadn't skied Westendorf since the new connections, some amazing new runs, esp liked Choralpe. And the night skiing at Soll is still one of my fave things.
snow report
Bode Swiller, the igloo bar was great. Unfortunately, we went on the snowiest day. If had gone on the Wednesday, the sun was out and photos/video would have looked much better. Found Westendorf V difficult to ski. Did the long blue but due to crazy snow fall, couldnt see more than 50yrds ahead. Got lost a few times over the week!
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, That new run down to Brixen is a belter eh?

Jon Ford, very cool movie! I can see why you were so worried about the snow now - you wanted it all to look nice for your film wink Cool
latest report
red 27 wrote:
Bode Swiller, That new run down to Brixen is a belter eh?
Yep a 1000m vertical tree-lined red with snowmaking every 30-40 m - Apparently has a 12m snow depth in one place! I could happily ski up and down that all day.
ski holidays
red 27, you got me! Just wish I had chance to film some jumps but due to amount of snow, the jumps were closed when I was over there. I like the video, but dont think it is as good as last years Les Arcs one. (search X9JPF LES ARCS to compare) - great footage for that video
ski holidays
Here is part 2 of ski holiday....the outtakes
http://youtube.com/v/Z4S-ow1MNm8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
latest report
Jon Ford, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Jon Ford, nice editing!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
0:47 on the second one made me laugh!
snow report
clarky999, thats my brother. He clipped my skiis when skiing past. Flew about 30ft and split the rental skiis!! Luckily shop replaced them free of charge. Just said shizer a couple of times
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy