Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

VOLKL 6 STARS....are they too much for me.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone. My first post.

I bought 2005 model volkl 6 stars at the sales in April. I bought them because of the fantastic reviews etc etc.

I am 5'9" and 175 lbs. I am an aggresive skier (but not hugely experienced). I do go for it on the reds!

Anyway, I was in a ski shop getting new boots and the assistant advised me to get something else as these 6 stars are really difficult are tiring to ski (according to him). He did say that they were awsome but unforgiving and would bite an unexperienced skier.

Should I sell the 6 stars for something a bit softer? They just look so damn nice! I have not tried them yet so I could get a decent price for them. I so want to be able to ski them.
Are they really unforgiving and difficult to ski slow in?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As with any ski it depends how you ski, I use Head GS (Race dept) skis which are fantastic for me but might be too much for someone else, until you use the skis yourself you just won't know
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bubinga, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

If I were you I'd go ski-ing on them and see what you think. If you don't get on with them then consider selling them, but if you do you can be smug snowHead I don't know what the second hand ski market is like but I'm sure if you presented them on ebay appropriately you could get at least twice their list price wink

(I should point out that I have little idea what I'm talking about but in your position I'd ski on them before deciding)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bubinga, Welcome to snowHeads.

Try them and see, I'd say. But have a lesson in them too. I was beginning to think my skis were not too good until Easiski made me get my stance right on them and suddenly they were fantastic. See my point? snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy