Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Schools In chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a Ski School in chamonix? A colleague of mine is going there at the end fo the month, she is a beginner and is just taking lessons indoors at the moment. She was going to go with Evolution in Le Tour, but after being told that they will provide transport from chamonix she is now being told they won't.

She is looking for a ski school based in chamonix and has been referred by her tour company to ESF, I've had an ESF lesson in Argentiere myself last year, and although he was a lovely guy he was teaching me pre carving skis ski technique.

Does anyone know any good schools based in Chamonix?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cleon, Welcome to Snowheads. I would try BASS Chamonix, though I don't know where exactly they are based. I haven't used them but have used another BASS school and really rate them, others on here too speak highly of the BASS schools.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cleon, Le Tour to Chamonix on the bus is included in your ski pass? There will be little or no difference
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the suggestions, as far as I can see the BASS don't do beginner classes. I'll suggest she gets the bus.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cleon, Evolution2 has really good instructors – I highly recommend them. If you do private lessons with them, then the instructor may pick you up from your accommodation if it's one his/her way but I've not heard of them providing a lift service as standard. Getting the bus from Cham to Le Tour is easy.

I have to echo your impression of ESF. I've only ever had two ESF instructors and, like you, one taught me pre-carver style. The other one didn't teach me a thing.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Evo2 are good if you can look past their outfits. Tell her to dress warm - Le Tour can get a bit fresh.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy