Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Coach travel luggage weight limits. 12kg per person?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
just booked a trip to France with a company which travels by coach. Once the email arrived with all the info I was a little surprised to see that our max weight allowance in the "hold" is just 12kg per person. Most big coaches carry about 40 people, which equates to a total of about 1/2 tonne of baggage in total for the whole coach. Not that much for a Continental Cruising Behemoth . Has anyone else experienced this.is there any leeway? Do they actually weigh each bag?
As it happens I do tend to travel light but am still a little surprised.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah, trying to say "hey, don't bother with those horrible airlines, sit on a bus for 12 hours and we take you door to door" is somewhat lost on customers when they are hit with a 12 kilo weight allowance which is stingier than even the most budget of airlines.

Brace yourself for an AVALANCHE NehNeh of people coming on here (while wearing their beige cagoules and their string back leather driving gloves) who will act all righteous and witter on about: "T&C's, check the T&C's.....it will be in their T&C's.......bla bla bla", they act like a bunch of demented school matrons.

12 kilo limit on a coach trip is a kiddie on and if it were me, I would DEFINITELY do a number 2 in the toilets, even if they asked me not to.

Revenge.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sequoiaboard, not had that problem, one of the reasons I go by coach is I can sneak in all my pairs of skis! Took 6 pairs between 4 of us once! Normally you are allowed one general bag each plus ski bag plus boot bag, as half on the coach normally rent, there is usually enough space for others to fill their ski bags!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
sequoiaboard, I've done lots of coachtrips with three different companies and never been given a limit before. Got caught out on one trip when I coached out and flew back and was way over the airline limit and had to pay excess baggage on the flight rolling eyes

Who are you going with? Name and shame! I'd be surprised if they had an accurate set of scales at the bus-stop as well Confused
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sequoiaboard, Always ignored that completely Toofy Grin Ever seen any baggage scales at Victoria Bus Station where most of these leave from?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
To add...I can't imagine the coach drivers getting out a set of scales in the car park, I guess they have to put something in their literature to protect themselves.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
interested to know who this is with too as was looking at a ski coach trip.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't think it is the weight that is the key, it is the volume. Anyone ever been on one of the skiweekends coaches will see why. 50 people all with ski and snowboard bags - that's a difficult job to pack
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidhammy, Laughing

sequoiaboard, 12kg - is a bit of a joke!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidhammy, just read your post.....

Grabs beige cagoule!...... Embarassed
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gatecrasher, your post was far too polite for you to be one of the ones davidhammy makes reference to Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Brace yourself for an AVALANCHE NehNeh of people coming on here (while wearing their beige cagoules and their string back leather driving gloves) who will act all righteous and witter on about:

That's why I always drive Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Shimmy Alcott, I do my best! Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for all the replies, having had some useful info via PM I'll let you know how I get on and somehow I think that davidhammy, might already be aquainted with the T&Cs re laying a cable Shocked Laughing

Will report back wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sequoiaboard, when do you go? I have just booked to go on a coach this Thursday evening and noticed the 12kg limit. Shouldn't be an issue for a weekend but might be a struggle for a week.[/b]
snow report
Pezza26 wrote:
Sequoiaboard, when do you go? I have just booked to go on a coach this Thursday evening and noticed the 12kg limit. Shouldn't be an issue for a weekend but might be a struggle for a week.[/b]

About 3 weeks time.

Just spent AGES searching their website and could find no mention of the 12kg limit there. Maybe I didn't look hard enough but seems to me that the first you know of it is after booking.
ski holidays
Pezza26 wrote:

We might be on the same bus... wink

sequoiaboard,
I'll be travelling by coach for the 3rd year in a row. I was initially surprised to to see that limit but so far I have never seen the coach drivers actually weighing bags.
You'll be fine with extra weight unless you turn up with a behemoth of a bag/suitcase..
latest report
Quote:

Brace yourself for an AVALANCHE

My last coach trip was 1986 and yes the coach was hit by an avalanche on the road up to Arc 2000 not and experience I would ever like to go through again Shocked
snow conditions
Quote:

Kruisler wrote:

We might be on the same bus...

Morzine here we come?
latest report
Quote:

12kg limit

If it's anything like the amount of baggage I see at the Eurolines stop at the end of the street from here, 120kg is more typical. These guys seemingly move house between Warsaw and here c/o the bus.

Quote:

I would DEFINITELY do a number 2 in the toilets

GL with that. Don't most buses lock the bogs, cos it costs them too much to empty and sanitise?
snow report
Boris wrote:
Quote:

Brace yourself for an AVALANCHE NehNeh of people coming on here (while wearing their beige cagoules and their string back leather driving gloves) who will act all righteous and witter on about:

That's why I always drive Toofy Grin

Ahh but Boris have you checked you're not over the weight limit for the car, it's surprisingly easier than you think, most modern cars have a carrying limit of between 550 and 650 kilos......
snow conditions
Pezza26 wrote:
Quote:

Kruisler wrote:

Morzine here we come?

Indeed.. Very Happy
See you there.. Cool
snow report
Pezza26 wrote:
Quote:

Kruisler wrote:

Morzine here we come?

Sorry, posted wrong timing in earlier post Embarassed

Leaving for Brides Les Bains Sat 19th Jan. Any other snowheads onboard?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy