Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boot warmers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know, I know, I sound like a whimp... but, I'm diabetic on aggressive skiing days and by blood sugar drops a little it takes a bit longer for my little toes to warm up if they get cold. I was considering a set of boot warmers. Can anyone recommend then? If so, which ones did you go for?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nick-o, I have some Therm-ic Powermax ones, do the job
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nick-o, therm-ic ones work well or the conformable pro pack from SIDAS is the other well made one with a sensible sized battery... (Therm-ic did go bust in the summer and have been bought be Conformable so there is limited stock around at present until the get production up and running fully again.... both brands are expected to run independently under the same ownership)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought the mrs a set of thermics and she swears by them.

If you let the shop fit them, insist on the heater plates being fitted UNDER your custom insoles rather than on top. They are very flat, very hard and very uncomfortable, they also cut a small hole in the sols so if you get fed up with the hard plate you end up with a hole in your insole.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
homers double, sounds like you had them fitted badly or something else has gone wrong, not had an issue putting an element on the top of the footbed(where it is designed to go!) since i started fitting them back with the original hotronic ones in the 90's

they work well on all footbeds but on certain beds such as the superfeet Kork which has quite a deep toe character then need to be placed very carefully and the toe character reduced a little so you don't get a lump..... on some other footbeds they can be laminated between the top sheet at the structural component, but below the footbed will result in you heating the base of the liner rather than your feet (certainly on most of the footbeds i deal with anyway)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I know what you mean but I'm only going off what I was told by the boss. We removed the elements and refitted them under the custom soles and filled the hole with silicone. It has worked to a point but she needs some new insoles now as they've never been "right" since.

She preferes to run them constantly on heat seeting #1 rather than turn them on while sat on the lift and a lower level of heat all day seems to work well for her.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nick-o, my toes have started getting cold this year too so after a number of years without boot heaters after my last ones in my old custom footbeds died, I was going to get new ones done. However, the shop here pointed me to another alternative - Therm-ic heated socks. Whilst they're not cheap, they're less expensive here than boot heaters. The batteries connect to the sock with press-studs then fold under the top. The socks are washable and with silver in the fabric so they don't pong, and being socks, you can wear them with any footwear ie street shoes for apres, tobogganing etc. And they're X-Socks as a basis. Maybe worth a look too?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nick-o,

Since some nerve damage I have to be real careful about cold feet, not having a lot of cash to splash around my alternative is warm my boots before I put them on, after I replace the dried out liners back in the boot I give them a blast with a hair dryer (if I'm putting them on straight away) then put them on my feet and put a boot glove (neoprene cover approx £15) on top which acts like double glazing, keeps the heat in and the cold out.

If I'm changing in to my boots on mountain I fill a couple of water bottles from the kettle and put them inside my boots with my dry ski socks stuffed in the ankles to warm through and keep the heat in, obviously I change into warm toasty socks and boots and again add the boot glove. Works for me and is a cheap option. If I was going back to Canada in January in the silly minus 30ish temps I might consider electric heaters but the hot water bottle/boot glove trick has done me well in the minus 20ish temps of Sweden. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the advice, I've not bought anything yet but I'm going away on Saturday. Yesterday I started ringing around for availability, obviously Snow+Rock was on the convenience list, they recommended the Hotronic E3.

eng_ch, sounds a sensible idea. I'll get shopping around!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you can get ones where the battery pack fixes to the side of your boot rather than at the back. Chairlifts have a habit of catching the wires on the back of the boot which can lead to the wire breaking.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy