Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hochfügen Zillertal

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Howdy All

Thinking about taking the family to Hochfügen at Easter for the week 31st March -7th April to stay at the Almhof.

Has anyone skied there that late in the season? With the base at 1500m I hoping it'll be slightly better than the a lot of the other Austrian resorts.

Any tips, advice or reviews?

Many Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mauddib, Contact SaraJ, she is a ski instructor there with the local ski school. What she does not know is not worth knowing. She is based there all year and has been there for at least the past 5 years.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mauddib, went in jan last year , talking to the locals , they ski there well into April every year , and its would be a great place in the spring , as the post above says pm Sara j

How old are the kids ??
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mauddib, Hmm... I think you probably realise already that it depends on the weather and how the season goes... Some years it's been fantastic at that time, some years it's been a bit less than fantastic. The worst I can remember is the pistes next to the car park were crispy first thing and then boot deep slushy by midday. For the past few years, I've always been teaching skiing at Easter, even when it was late in April.
I don't know anyone who has stayed at Almhof, though I've been in for coffee. It looks like a really nice place to stay.
Hochfügen is at the end of a valley. It takes about 20-25 minutes to drive to the nearest village/town, Fügen. Hochfügen is a few hotels, some holiday cottages and apartments, a couple of Apres Ski bars, a kiosk selling snacks and newspapers and a few ski hire shops... If you're there for the skiing, then the convenience of staying next to the pistes makes up for the lack of other distractions.
Hope this helps... If you have more questions, give me a shout.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers All

SaraJ, not too worried about the distractions as our son is only 5, so it's a case of family friendly apres if at all Very Happy

Plus being up the mountain makes more sense as Mrs Mauddib and I can maximise the 2 hours skiing in the AM and PM whilst junior is in ski school.

Is it normally busy at Easter or is it a bit quieter than the more well known resorts?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mauddib, It's normally relatively quiet here at Easter.
Almhof belongs to the family who owns Kostenzer Ski School. I don't know if you get a discount for the ski school if you stay there, or not... However, I thought it's worth mentioning that Ski School Aktiv have small groups for children, 4-7 children in a group. Lessons with Aktiv are bookable through the ski school that I work for, SkiCheck. www.skicheck.at
Any more questions, give me a shout Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SaraJ, Thanks for the help, will have a look at the ski school. Is there normally enough guests/customers for all the ski schools to run? I only ask as we were in Hochgurgl just before Xmas and we had to wait a day for more guests to arrive before they'd run a ski school for the smaller children.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mauddib, I expect that there will be enough people around though I wouldn't like to say for definite... It's usually busier at Easter than pre-Christmas.
The group lessons usually start on Sunday.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy