Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Room sharing etiquette

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Family no longer want to ski so this is the first time I will being doing the singles in a room shared with strangers vacation. So what's the etiquette for washing/dry base layers and socks and hanging them up to dry or should I just take enough sets that I don't have to wash anything Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Posidrive, wash em and hand them on the towel rail in the bathroom. tell your roomie you are going to do it in case they need to wash at the same time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Take enough so you don't need to wash them. It drives me mad when my ski buddies wash socks and hang them on the radiators Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Take enough.......
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just buy merino in the first place. Then you won't have to wash them or carry more than one set. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Offer to wash theirs for them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Take a wire hanger, ask your roomies if it bothers them if you hang them above a radiator. (often radiators are under the window with a handy curtain pole above)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Raceplate, So that's why you get salt burns on your shins.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you have somewhere that just has electric wall heaters (quite common in french apartments), problem overcome, nowhere to dry anything anyway.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cynic wrote:
Raceplate, So that's why you get salt burns on your shins.

Puzzled What the hell are are they? Certainly something I've never had, or heard of.

If it's a concern to you I can only assume you are a very sweaty individual Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Raceplate wrote:
If it's a concern to you I can only assume you are a very sweaty individual Toofy Grin

And Merino is good but not magical . . . Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Raceplate, The salt crystals are formed by anyone who is an expert energetic skier, if you do not change your socks regularly you can get sore shins; but from your strapline you probably do not fit that group Cool
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Things not to say to your new room mate

" I only sleep walk after 4 beers "
" I wont eat fried onions this week as they make me fart "
" Have you seen the film Psycho, oo, look at the size of the shower curtain"
" I think this week i want to get in touch with my feminine/masculine side"
" I hope you haven't bought Mrs Palmer and her 5 daughters with you"
" I only snore when i have a cold"
wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cynic wrote:
Raceplate, but from your strapline you probably do not fit that group Cool

Not quite sure what you mean by that Confused

I actually wear full length skins underneath my merino ski socks (which I change every 2/3 days - they are quite resilient enough for that period) and never get shin problems. If I cast my mind back 10ish years before I started using skins, Icebreaker tops and predominently merino based socks I think I did occasionally get shin problems but I can't really recall.

I've seen salt lines on my skins in spring but never with any associated discomfort. If it is a potential issue, I suspect the smoothness of the lycra in the skins more than compensates for the potential friction caused by any salt build up.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy