Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montquitaine Lift Claviere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's 12 years since I last skied in Claviere and it appears the Montquitaine lift was upgraded to 4 man last season but it is very hard to get a fix on where the departure point is now. Is it still just behind the Hotel Miramonti or has it moved?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Blimey I didn't think there was any skiing question someone on Snowheads couldn't answer Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gravystuffing, blooming heck, surprised too. I'm going to Claviere for a day next week (maybe), it's a while since we've been over.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It wasn't running last January when we were there. Don't know why not...

snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mystery on mystery Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Here's a picture of it being built from October 2011

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150318253222271&set=a.214171262270.140304.200200332270&type=1&theater
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gravystuffing - The new Montquatine lift was running last season.

My husband skied down to it and came back up on the lift - he thinks it starts by the Club Vacances au Soleil hotel.

The blue Montquatine piste was very icy when we skiied it first thing in the morning late season last year. It was after a period of very hot weather and the deep slush had frozen solid overnight making it feel more black than blue. I managed to fall fairly near the top and for the only time in my 20 yr skiing history walked back to the top of the piste. It was really hard going walking uphill on ice carrying a pair of skis. Won't be trying that again Laughing I'm sure that blue piste would be fine in normal (less icy) conditions.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The new Monquitaine lift definitely starts at Club de Soleil. The reason is that it was paid for by Montgenevre, and Club de Soleil is the last bit of France, so they helped the French.

This means that people staying in Claviere can't get over to the Bois de Suffin area of Montgenevre and down to the Serre Thibaud, Tremplin or (at a stretch) the Chalvet bubble in one lift. They now have to go up Col Boeuf on the other side of Claviere and down to Serre Thibaud or Tremplin.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In 2010 i did the Baisses piste but agree that the final 200m to the Montquitaine lift was very icy and steep.
The baisses was virtually deserted when we were on it.
The col boeuf was useful for the return to Montgenevre and there was only a 30m stretch across the black no 99 run other than that i guess it was deemed red as it only a cattle track width most of the way
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy